Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Condolences on the dog, but...life must go on.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
It makes me miss my old aerial. I need an aerial to adjust!

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 04-28-2006).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Nard, uh, thanks! I think...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, now for something more transparent....

With the conviction of Lay and Skillings of Enron earlier today, they just may need to get their hands on that new 'cloak' being developed in England that makes one invisible. The strange man-made 'cloth' causes light to travel around the material, rendering the person 'not there.' There's one item that wouldn't last long on 'clothing' store shelves. In fact, it just may prove difficult to tell just what your inventory was on such a product...

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 05-25-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you heard the poem "I can't find my camouflage net"? http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.music.filk/msg/d3a...e?dmode=source&hl=en

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty good! That reminds me, if you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those faithful few that stand at the ramparts of this nearly abandoned website, HEY! check out these few videos of Ray: www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=netcinema

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-15-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nard! What a resource you are!

posted Hide Post
Nard, agreed. Nice resource and great to see him such fine force.

Watching Mr. B's reactions to the applause, it is obvious how the joy of others is the center of his joy. The celebration we feel in his words and well-deserved recognitions is the essence of every moment of his days. His spirit touches young and old alike, and has done so for 60+ years in written word and filmed images.

A metaphor of the film clip "waiting in the long line to see Ray Bradbury" struck me. As the woman comments that the line is long and continues outside into the night, I thought and believed that the camera would wend its way on and on until it arrived outside of town and then move slowly down some quaint country road with more youngsters and oldsters waiting in a cool Illinios breeze hoping to eventually get a glimpse or signed book from this gracious human being!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Part of what I consider to be "Bradburian Values" includes catching a good show now and then. Tonight, my son and I had the chance to do that.

It's about 1:10am here CST, and we just got home from watching "Superman Returns."

No spoilers, just wow, wow, WOW. Iconic references throughout to Christopher Reeve's Superman, Kevin Spacey delivered as Lex, Noel Neill cameo, a dedication to Christopher and Dana Reeve, Ah! just what summer was made for. It was a midnite matinee show at a local theater, and they probably fudged a bit by starting it early, but again, wow!

And, as of midnight, it's officially my son's 16th birthday, and we were watching Superman. How cool is that?

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss George Reeves.
http://www.angelfire.com/fl/JackCraig/SUPERMAN1.html

[This message has been edited by Braling II (edited 06-28-2006).]

posted Hide Post
OK. Now I want to see the movie:

"TV's Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen, Noel Neill and Jack Larson spoke with the Associated Press about returning to the world of Superman for "Superman Returns". There are a few minor spoilers, but here's a part of the article...

The actors who played Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen on the 1950s TV show "Adventures of Superman" are back at it with bit parts in "Superman Returns" - Neill as a dying heiress, Larson as a bartender."

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

Did you notice them?

posted Hide Post
So Margot Kidder wasn't in it?

posted Hide Post
This may...or may not work. If it doesn't work first try, go out, return and click back on ...

It's a 1941 Full length Superman cartoon

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECdSmrtMRXg

posted Hide Post
Worked great! Enjoyed it at lunch.
I've seen a few of these. Of course, we know Max and Dave Fleischer better for Popey, Betty Boop, and Koko theClown!