Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
PK, I don't know (or recall, if you ever mentioned it) where you live, but the double standards that exist on the Left Coast here are nearly unendurable. Indolent self-absorbed potheads railing at hard-working tax-paying tobacco smokers, for example...

Hey, Dandelion,
Since this is miscellany, doing a crossword yesterday I discovered that "Cornelia" can be anagrammed into "Caroline"!

(Well, it was sort of exciting to me at the time...)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really didn't need to know that, thanks.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, Yea! Fun with names:
Let's see, dandelion can be:

"No Deli, Dan"
(If you are with someone named Dan and he asks if there is a Deli in the building where you work.

"Ed and Lion"
(If you have a photo of your Uncle Ed standing next to a Lion at the Zoo).

"Don in deal"
(You got four guys in a business deal, and someone asks if Don is going to be in on the deal. You say...)

=======================================

With Braling II it's a tad tougher:

BrIIG NAIL
(The kind of nail you use in a jail)

LAB RING II
(The laboratory ring after Ring I)

IRAN BLIING
(Atomic power talk)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Nard Kordell translates to El Dark Lord N.

I keep telling you... that's not Nard, folks. The pearl necklace aliens ate his brains and all that.
He's been body-snatched.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains: Keep laughing about those pearl necklace aliens. It was, I am sure, a kite with lights on it. Tho that phrase, the pearl necklace aliens has a certain sound to it...

Now onto more important matters:

grasstains can be allocated thusly:

What people go thru with high prices at the pump:
GAS STRAINS

Astronomer by the name of Gina discovers a bunch of new stars in the galaxy in some distant future. They are all called:
GINA'S STARS

New artificial outdoor turf for runway models:
SATIN GRASS

What Grasstains gets for being a good lad:
GAINS STARS

What farmer Grasstains really wanted to be when he grew up:
GRAINS ASST.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Introducing the new gothic latino badboy of rap, fresh off the mean streets of O.C.--El Dark Lord N.

Oh yeah, they call him Mr. Party.

Are you sure it wasn't a weather balloon you saw?

Nard, I don't even know you anymore. You never rapped before. That pearl necklace crew you're running with now have got your head all twisted. Now it's all about the BLING and the gold teeth. Sheesh, whatever happened to keeping it real?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grasstains,

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains:
You're right...!

posted Hide Post
All right, all right, break it up, you two!
If you've time for anagramming, you've time to get over to the "Name The Ray Bradbury Story" thread and have a guess!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just funnin is all..... [walks away, head down, kicking dirt]

[Spins, drawing imaginary six-shooters]
"My name is El Dark Lord N
Nobody raps any finer
I got baggy pants
And black eye-liner
My homies wear pearls
And cruise a jet-airliner
Come morning we'll be hanging
At the O.G. pancake diner"

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

posted Hide Post
O. G.?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
For Original Gangstas, like El Dark Lord N and his homies.

posted Hide Post
W. C. Fields: Where am I?
Franklin Pangborn: Wu Hu!
W. C. Fields (giving him a sharp look and removing a flower from his lapel): Don't let the posy fool you!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
For Original Gangstas, like El Dark Lord N and his homies.

This is the OPH in Laguna Niguel and it is always packed, can't get in the place. Great food, lots of noise, we know the owners, and used to eat there a lot, but can't put up with the waiting anylonger. I love their Buckwheat hotcakes!

Original House of Pankcakes
Aliso Viejo
26951 Moulton Parkway
Aliso Viejo, California 92656
949-643-8591

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that giant apple thingy. There is a recipe for that online somewhere, I'll edit later and provide the link. I attempted to make them at home but only one came out right because you're supposed to bake them in an iron skillet, of which I only have one. The others were baked in round deep-dish pie tins, which just weren't thick enough to bake properly and get rising.

Yeah, I'm a professional cook. It's what I do for money five days a week. And for free every single day at home. I try to do something special every Sunday morning. That particular Sunday morning was disastrous, except for one very lucky boy who was in the right seat at the right time.

Baked apple pancake recipe.
http://ricktv.com/WordPress/?p=231

Buckwheat pancake recipe.
http://www.chow.com/recipes/10027

================================================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grasstains,

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"