Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I take it Hal also knows how you did it.

I should also ask Hal how he figures his counting system. Last week I had 2495 posts. Then 2499. Then suddenly, I had 2400. This one is 2405.

It should read 2505. Hmm!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please don't agitate HAL. He's done enough damage as it is!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, the only thing I did was go into personal profile and change my screen name. Other than that, only Hal or B-Two knows...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hal says he's got this pain in the diodes all down his left side...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wo ist jeder?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Good grief, Doug: Exactly what did Jesus expel from that fellow in the caves that ran around naked and cut himself with stones...?

Or, more specifically, who exactly did Jesus say, amongst his friends, had a devil? Fabrication of the Roman Church? Naw!

Early Bible stories are simply a record of what one civilization did. They do not represent a model for what we should do. They are history recorded through mythology. We can learn from them only if we realize they are not literal, and that spirituality is much broader than that portrayed in these man-made, human renditions of what is believed to be divine.

The bible is a beautiful thing; it is a collection of history, law, mythology, poetry (and some erotic poetry at that), letters, apocolypses, prophecies, etc, but to read it seriously you must know how! I couldn't even begin to understand Genesis until I became thoroughly familiar with ten thousand years of pre-Genesis history.

When you truly learn how to read the bible, you will be amazed at how clearly everything falls into place and just makes sense!

The word for Satan in the Old Testament Hebrew was "ha-satan" which meant "the adversary". In the Old Testament, this term is used exclusively to describe either the enemies of God or the enemies of the Israelite race in general. Never is the Devil referred to as the evil one.

The term Satan simply means adversary or evil intent. It was not a literal person. It started out as a term to describe anyone who was an enemy or in an adversarial relationship, and was finely honed down into a literal being in the New Testament.

In this age of enlightenment, we really don't need this character - people like to have him around to blame evil on him ("the devil made me do it"), when in reality people need to take responsibility for their own actions. Nor do we need someone to fear - God wipes away all fear.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New words for old heresies.

posted Hide Post
Braling II:

Absolutely. Look at it as Junk Mail

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Psalm 118 vs. 8
It is better to trust the Lord
than to put confidence in people.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I take it Hal also knows how you did it.

I should also ask Hal how he figures his counting system. Last week I had 2495 posts. Then 2499. Then suddenly, I had 2400. This one is 2405.

It should read 2505. Hmm!

Nard, I hate to break it to you, but maybe you're stuck in a weird time loop. You haven't stepped on any butterflies recently, have you?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Well since it's Christmastime, my reply fits the season:

As a sinner (unable to know God) I've stepped on many butterflies. Knowing Christ, he already sidestepped my way around butterflies. Knowing what he did brings me back on that right path. I glance back down on my feet, I am prone to step on those darn butterflies again. I stare at Him, I'm okay.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

posted Hide Post
Christ is born! Glorify Him!

Oh, and Happy Harmonica, too!

http://www.flw.com/holiday.htm

Now, really. What Event in Human History has been as inspirational?

posted Hide Post
In our house its Christmaskkuh or Hunnumas!

And then there is the original celebration, Winter Solstice, the resurrection of the SUN.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Winterfest! WOOHOO, PARTY ON!!!

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Winter Solstice.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask,
"In our house its Christmaskkuh or Hunnumas!"
Aren't those Middle Eastern foods?

In our house it's Fattigmand, Lefse, Pickled Herring, and (from my Mancunian wife) Trifle!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Braling II,