Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    The Cow (car) Legend at L.A. High?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cow (car) Legend at L.A. High?
 Login/Join

posted
I attended L.A. High (Ray's alma mater) from 1959-1962 when it was still in a grand old brick building with a large clocktower (Motto: Always a Hill, Always a tower, Always a timepiece). I was Student Body Secretary and the Leadership class met in the clocktower. The legend was that when Ray was a student he and some cohorts brought a cow or a car up into the clocktower and then couldn't convince the cow to come down....fact? fiction? I've told the story over the years and would love it if Ray or anyone else could confirm or break my bubble.
Just reread Dandelion Wine during this hot summer on a small lake in NH and LOVED it..again. Thanks, Ray.

Posts: 1 | Location: Brooklyn | Registered: 03 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post