Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray's Gift
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's Gift
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
groon:

Pondering? That's a good thing.

____

My iMAc for somne reason has had its analog board go out...so I've been off line for a week. A sneak into the board at work is all I can do.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark,

You bring out an excellent point of why Ray is the nice fellow that he is. People were kind to him when he was young and he is now extending that courtesy to others, and particularly his fans.

Can you imagine what his collection of autographs might be worth today. Please don't misunderstand me, I really don't feel that you should place a value on such things, it's just with eBay, many of us get oriented in such a value related society today.

Can you imagine all of Ray's "stuff", his collections, etc., in a musuem someday. I don't wish to think this, at least not for another 10-15 years, but I certainly hope that his vast collection will be maintained and that others may enjoy seeing it.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 12-17-2004).]

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mentioned we sent a letter of congrats to Mr. B upon receiving the prestigious Medal of Arts a few weeks back. Not only did he send an immediate card back to us (frosh and soph students all signed a nice packet of accolades to him), but I also just received a letter "thanking us" for taking the time to send our regards and love to him.

He mentioned he had a great time (with his daughters present) at the White House. The Pres. himself wheeled Mr. B about for some of the tour which included a visit to the Oval Office. How great is that?

His letter was on a wonderful Magnaini (Halloween Tree) letterhead! What a Guy!

I think one of his greatest qualities is he has never forgotten from whence he came, a small town and common folks. The Heart of America. Today he lives in a big city, is quite an extraordinary human being, and yet he takes time to thank a group of teenagers and their teacher for sending a message to him.

My students have been won over by his stories and by the man himself. What a great learning experience this semester's classes have had thanks to Mr. Bradbury!

(If Patrick or Sam check in and read this, please let Mr. B know how effected we were by what he did for us!! fp)

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 12-17-2004).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fj--That's a cool story. Are you going to frame his letter and display it in your classroom? I wish I could have seen the looks on your students' faces when you showed it to them. They will always remember him now. You probably helped create a bunch more fans!!

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 12-17-2004).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post