Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

???????
 Login/Join

posted
Could someone briefly catch me up? I've been away from the computer, TV, and newspapers for about a week, and now there are way too many new postings to read.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend you skip the ones on Moore and 9/11. When you remove those, it will not take you long to catch up.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooooh! It's Mr. Dark again - trying his best to keep folks in the dark, eh? Seems like censorship runs deep in the Bradbury loyalist's heart. If Ray-daddy can do it, Mr. Dark wants to do it too. Pay no attention to Mr. Dark. Read what you like and MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND>! It is still a free country - thanks, in part, to Michael Moore.

Posts: 6 | Location: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A recommendation is not censorship. Is the difference too difficult for you? Perhaps we need a remedial board out here.

When has Bradbury called for censorship? Have I called for the removal of any posts (except for crude language)? If I ask you to think and support your false claims with facts, will that constitute censorship, also? Does censorship just mean "anything YOU don't like"?

See, Green Shadow posted here before all the Moore zealouts tried to hijack the board with their false attacks on Bradbury and his position here. I was recommending that if he wanted to catch up on real Bradbury stuff, he could do that by avoiding all these mindless, lemming-like posts.

I am loyal to Bradbury, just as I think Bradbury tries to be loyal to truth and portray the truth of the human condition in his literature. I'm okay with some loyalty to Bradbury. Do I worship him and follow in a lemming-like fashion every word he says -- like the Moore followers appear to do? No.

Remember, the disciples of Moore came here, attacking Bradbury and his character . . . we didn't try to go swarm any pro-Moore sites.

Prattle on, dear child, prattle on . . .

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 06-27-2004).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mr. Dark. Will do. You are a voice of reason in a sea of potshots. Keep eating your spinach.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was thinking that... when someone gives out the temperature, he doesn't say,

"...it's, Fahrenheit 88 degrees."

He says, ",,,it's 88 degrees Fahrenheit. " The word Fahrenheit comes AFTER the number.

So if Moore really did not want to seem he was going after Ray's title, he should have used,
'9/11 Fahrenheit'.
Well, maybe that would have helped... a bit.

( I'm really straining here, folks)

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-27-2004).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green Shadow:

to help you narrow, my own view is that the two threads that are most relevant to Bradbury are the ones on "Two New Books" by Richard, and my humble effort to redirect called "Harryhausen and Bradbury".

In Richard's case, he always adds value, but his thread is important becuase it talks about two new books on Bradbury that come out.

My thread highlights the new Harryhausen book, which has a forward by Bradbury in it, and I pulled a couple quotes into that post from Bradbury's forward.

Hope this helps.

posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark,

Forward? It has a forward? Does it have a reverse too? Your Spellchecker wins out over your deficient literacy once again.

I take this nit-picking opportunity because, after all, you did invite me to "prattle on" and because you cannot resist the temptation to hurl prissy invective. You are an irresistable target. Did you mention that you are a teacher?

Are you old enough to vote?

Old Friend

Posts: 6 | Location: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The point of your post?

Prattle = "To talk idly or meaninglessly. To utter in a childish or silly way."

You accused me of practicing censorship. I did no such thing. You accused Bradbury of censorship. He did no such thing. I can't recall anything in your post that contained any useful information. Hence, it appeared to be prattling to me.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 06-28-2004).]

posted Hide Post
As Adrienne--one of our new members with some sense--pointed out, not only the title but the subtitle (or, if you want to quibble--which some will--the promo line) to the film is a direct reference to Bradbury's book. An egregious ripoff and blatant display of disrespect.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Friend,

Er, um, you might want to hold yourself up the the same nit-picking standards and run your posts through the ol' spell-checker.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post