Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Obviously Will Have No Legacy
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Obviously Will Have No Legacy
 Login/Join

posted
He has proven himself to be a worthless hack.
As his name will be dragged through the cesspools of history many will come to think of him as a super hypocrite and a worthless old man, not worthy of a mention in a list of timeless authors. He is a shill and an embarrassment to creative people everywhere.
His legacy is written.
HYPOCRITE EXTRAORDINAIRE

How long has Ray had alzeimers? He obviously has lost whatever brains he was born with. Sad, very sad.

Posts: 11 | Location: Jax Fl | Registered: 30 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely disagree. He's a great writer and should be remembered. Please dont spread hate on this message board, Bradbury hasnt done anything wrong. He stated his opinion in an honest manner, which is a great thing to do. I wish that he gets well soon, he's a very giving man who'd take time out to give autographs and respond to letters.

Posts: 7 | Location: Conway, MI, USA | Registered: 29 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with rutle. I think (and this is my opinion) that Bradbury is one of the most influential SF/Fantasy authors of the 20th century. All this brouhaha about Moore and his film does not change my feelings about Bradbury. Plus, his books will be around a LOT longer than Moore's Op-Ed film.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Au contraire

Michael Moore's body of work is inspiring
and will live on as an inspiration
to men of courage everywhere
Long live the message of Michael Moore,
the everyday man CAN make a BIG DIFFERENCE
Kudos to you Michael
Brickbats to you and your narrow mind
raybert

How long has Ray had alzeimers? He obviously has lost whatever brains he was born with. Sad, very sad.

Posts: 11 | Location: Jax Fl | Registered: 30 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RayBradbury
IsSenile

Wow! This guy is really onto something.
It's called Stupidity.

I like what boxer Mike Tyson said in today's paper. " I wasted my life. "

Now that's something that...
RayBradbury
IsSenile
can say right now about himself, at least based on his comments so far.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The truth hurts, you have my deepest sympathy in your time of desolation.

posted Hide Post
Maybe RayBradburyisSenile can get together with interfector and they can irritate each other to their hearts' content.
I'm just going to sit back and wait for "conversation" to get back to Bradbury and his books/stories; it has to happen sooner or later.....sooner, I hope!
(also, these two people remind me of a quote by Twain, I think: "It's better to remain quiet and have people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." If it wasn't Twain, I apologize.)

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I think the ultimate in idiocy has been achieved on this board, a new depth is reached.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If one were to do only a little research, one would find that Mr. Bradbury has already received numerous prestigious awards, including the O. Henry Memorial Award, the Benjamin Franklin Award, the Aviation-Space Writer's Association Award for best space article in an American Magazine, the World Fantasy Lifetime Achievement Award, the Science Fiction Writers of American Grand Master Award, and the Distinguished Contribution to American Letters award.

Looks to me like his place in literary history has already been established.

Posts: 32 | Location: Provo, Utah, USA | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice reminder. I don't think Bradbury has anything to worry about from Moore. Besides, they do two different things. Bradbury writes literature that has lifelong impact on many readers. Moore does sloppy, but very attention-getting, political propaganda.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It might be that the best way to defuse the negative correspondence on this board is simply not to reply at all?

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrask,

Now that you bring it up. . .

I've I�ve purposely laid low for the last week, posting only occasionally, because I had the impression many of the old-timers on this board had your view: ignore these Moore blowhards and they�ll go away. In deference to you and others, I contributed my small part by keeping my trap shut for just a short while. And, as you and the others have predicted, they�ve seemed to have moved on to other things. Perhaps you all were right.

But I�m not so sure they would�ve moved on otherwise. Many of them seemed to be just a �hit and post� kind of visitor who spewed their venom and moved on anyway. Those who remained behind for an exchange or two might�ve learned something from having their views challenged. Not likely, I�ll admit, but at least we had the chance to evangelize. We might not have had a chance otherwise.

I think it�s a mistake to allow these thugs to spout their views without being challenged. To remain silent implies agreement. I did the best I could, considering my time and energy, and others did far better than I�m capable. No one has asked for, nor have I offered, apologies for the responses I made; I followed our unspoken rules around here and kept it civil and clean. But if my responses in any way prolonged this agony, I sincerely apologize for the part I might've played in it.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pterran:

Prolonged the agony? Hardly.

What gives me the 'quirks'...is Ray on Dennis Miller show this coming Thursday, July 15th. It's either going to be a hornet's nest revived, or a retelling of the locust story. Unless there is a miracle on the horizon that I don't now see, prepare to pick up shield and fight....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

I'm with you in your prediction. I stand ready.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, this is a cable network, right? How many people get it? I'm pretty sure we don't.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post