Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Dale Bailey's Tribute Story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dale Bailey's Tribute Story
 Login/Join

posted
There probably aren't too many science fiction fans here (those that read SF completely unrelated to Ray Bradbury), but trust me on this, guys: those who love Ray's famous story, "A Sound of Thunder", simply have to check out the opening story in the September issue of Asimov's Science Fiction.

It's "Mating Habits of the Late Cretaceous", by Dale Bailey, and it's the best riff on "A Sound of Thunder" to crash into a forest clearing in a long time. And look fast for a nod to Ray's buddy, Harlan Ellison.

The story and the issue contents were obviously finalized well before Ray's death, but it's a very timely tribute, all the same.

The mag also has a particularly cool cover:

http://za.zinio.com/browse/pub...&productId=500631572

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip-off douglasSP, I'm off to buy me some dino right now.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post