Find
Notify
Tools

Wow!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
The day God and Jesus and religious talk becomes tedious, it's the day to crawl in a hole, cover the dirt on top of you, and plan for...nothing.

You are right, of course, but I see the points of others, and I respect them.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
What's his purpose for coming on this board? To promote some deviant religious belief?

No, to discuss RB. I shall say nothing else about the Godforce.

Now come back, grass (and the rest), it's safe to come back in - the water is fine.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
If you remove religious discussion from this board, you have now introduced censorship.

I never suggested removing religion from this board. I suggested keeping it to an appropriately named thread. No intention to censor here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The day God and Jesus and religious talk becomes tedious, it's the day to crawl in a hole, cover the dirt on top of you, and plan for...nothing.

Nard,

even this atheist doesn't find it tedious. When it relates to Bradbury, it can be fascinating. When it is off-topic to a given thread, it devalues the board as a source of wisdom on Bradbury's work.

I, for one, would be pleased for the religious discussions to CONTINUE on the board, BUT: let's do them justice and put them in a thread (or threads) of their own.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I'm sorry, that may have been a little harsher than I meant to sound. I have participated in the discussions with you all, but it started to stale, to me anyway, when I felt the void of missing voices/views because they don't share your zeal when it comes to religion and they obviously feel like they don't belong here, when everyone should feel welcome and be able to discuss and celebrate Ray and his accomplishments. That is the main point of this board. Nard, sometimes I think you lose sight of the fact that everyone doesn't believe or worship in the same fashion as you do, this does not mean they are condemned in any way or that their views aren't any less valid than yours. It really isn't for you to judge that, is it? This whole thing has grown out of proportion and we need to just let the ripples settle. It doesn't bother me one way or another and I'm not going to comment further about this after this posting, just thinking of the other guy or gal. Whether or not you want to believe it, a lot of people are put out by religious discussion. I think it is detrimental to the good of the board as a whole to let the religious talks go unchecked. Thats my view and now I'm letting it rest. No hard feelings, there is none on my part. I love you all!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rocket:

Sorry to be offensive, but the gospel is meant to be offensive.

My discussion about Ray and religious discussions go hand in hand because of Ray's influence on me in discovering a relationship with Jesus Christ. What can I say? It's all a part of the complete package.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been part of the jobs of both Jesus Christ and Ray to shake people up and make them think. Christ was tacked to a tree for his efforts. Ray, so far, has been mostly lauded for his, thank God!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That wasn't the gospel but no hard feelings here. I respect you and enjoy reading your posts.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...My discussion about Ray and religious discussions go hand in hand because of Ray's influence on me in discovering a relationship with Jesus Christ. What can I say? It's all a part of the complete package.

Nard,

that particular discussion of yours was (to me) very welcome, precisely because it related to Bradbury. It was a fitting post for the "Inspired by Ray" section of the board (although I can't remember whether it was in that section or elsewhere). Much of the other religious discussion would have been more appropriate in one of the "Ruled Paper" threads, which we have always used for items which have a tenuous RB element, or for provocative topics.

- Phil