Find
Notify
Tools

Wow!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Rod Serling doesn't deserve a mention? A gross oversight!

You got that right! Rod and Carol attended the UU parish in Santa Monica, and to my knowledge, Carol still does.

Had I noticed their oversight, I would have inserted them in myself!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I think you can pretty much get a good picture of the Unitarian/Universalist church in general by taking a look at their views of sexual matters within the church:
Official tenets of the church welcomes the gay, lesbian and bisexual people...

So do I!

quote:
And then there is this list:
•They do not believe there is a Hell.
•They do not accept the story of Adam and Eve
•They do not believe moral evil is inherent in human nature
•Life after death includes existence of individuals in memories and lives of those who knew and loved them.
•Most are evolutionists.

Hey - I concur with at least four out of those five things myself! Maybe I'm a UU!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Doug Spaulding, are you into promoting this church?

Absolutely. I'll promote anything with which I agree.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
Wow, could we give peace a chance?

Absolutely! (I'm promoting John Lennon, as well)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding. You're likely a nice fellow from many things you have posted. But your basic understanding of Christianity is confused after reading your most recent response postings.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Doug Spaulding. You're likely a nice fellow from many things you have posted.

I thank you.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug, can we coordinate medication times, I'd like to be on the same page as you.Smiler

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
Doug, can we coordinate medication times, I'd like to be on the same page as you.Smiler

Nightly, eight-thirty!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding. I take it you read and understand scripture in the way you do sound-bites of the postings. Out of context, everything sounds pretty good.

As an example, from your previous posting above:
"You got that right!"

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's irony sir! I'm guffawing, chuckling, churdling, cackling, tittering, twittering, giggling, cracking up, and damn just plain laughing. Feels good! I say your a breath of fresh air in the morning of Greentown here. Why don't we try this, I'll step up my meds and you step down a little on yours and then we can wave to each other as the trolley's jet by.

Can we maybe curtail the religious debates a tad or at least centralize them to one thread devoted to that, maybe the mammoth one entitled "end of the world". I fear some people have started lurking instead of participating in the celebration. Just a thought, doesn't bother me, I'm not uncomfortable in the least, but I wear plaid so go figure.

grass? ain't seen ya in a while. ya there kid?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am finding this an utter waste of time to be discussing anything on a serious basis of Christianity with DOUG SPAULDING after reading some of his previous posts. He can't be taken seriously. What's his purpose for coming on this board? To promote some deviant religious belief? I've been around long enough to have spotted you at the start but gave you a lot of rope until you just hung yourself.

If you wish to continue talking about Ray Bradbury, that's fine, I'll listen, as I'm sure others will as well.

posted Hide Post
Hark! Was that a decidedly uncharitable and adversarial comment I heard muttered from your corner, Mr. Knox? Given enough rope to hang oneself indeed. May we recommend the surrender of your shovel before you dig yourself in any deeper?

Rocket,
You go, kid!

“Nothing much else happened, all the rest of that night.”

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with rocket: could we please keep religious discussions to a single thread. This is meant to be a board about Ray Bradbury, but almost every section of the board has turned to a religious discussion, partly by the unearthing of threads which have lay dormant for years.

If everyone would agree to this, I promise not to make any more puns or feeble jokes about differences between US and UK foodstuffs.

And never to use the word "chortle" out of context.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, Chap & Phil.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by philnic:
I'm with rocket: could we please keep religious discussions to a single thread. This is meant to be a board about Ray Bradbury, but almost every section of the board has turned to a religious discussion, partly by the unearthing of threads which have lay dormant for years.

I agree.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post