Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Live Forever
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Live Forever
 Login/Join

posted
On this day, let us remember Ray's words, "Live Forever!" We will always love you Ray, and because of your words, you will always live forever in our hearts.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the greatest has gone. A sad day. RIP

"My tunes and numbers are here. They have filled my years, the years when I refused to die. And in order to do that I wrote, I wrote, I wrote, at noon or 3:00 A.M.
So as not to be dead."

The Illustrated Man

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FrankN.Stein,

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peace and Love to his family and many friends.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The title of this thread is correct: through his works, Ray will indeed live forever.

Thanks for the inspiration, Ray.
We remember you.
We remember you.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is funny. I often thought about how I might feel on this day. Believe it or not, I planned for it. I have a couple rare unpublished stories that I saved... to treasure in quiet some time today. The influence Ray had on my life and who I am cannot be measured. He will be missed... but (as we all know) he will also live forever.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best way to honor him is to write.

To write (he would say), so as not to be dead.

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I envy anyone that could read for the first time your books.

Thank you.

Posts: 1 | Location: Spain | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Ray. You did the best for all of us and today is a sad day for all of us. We remember you because of your words, your feelings, your light, your worlds, becouse of sun and stars. RIP.

posted Hide Post
Ray lives. Thank you for inspiring us. Peace, good transition.

dnitsa

Posts: 1 | Location: Santa Monica, California | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A sad day, but a glorious one in which to remember Ray's passion and spirit, and how he has affected us all. A day for poignant celebration. The man will Live Forever!

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will be sorely missed Ray! You have always been an inspiration and have fueled my imagination since the first time I read one of your shorts as a teen. My condolences to your loved ones and fans who should take comfort in the fact that you are now with your beloved Marguerite somewhere enjoying an endless sunny and fragrant day strolling hand-in-hand toward whatever lies ahead.....

posted Hide Post
Oh, God.
He must've seen venus passing by and jumped up there to go have a walk there in the endless rain.
Ray, Memory Eternal!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Credit goes to Mr. Bradbury for my having such a full life of possibility. Through his books I found Science Fiction. Through Science Fiction I found my mate and my community. Every time I get a new pair of sneakers I can leap to the moon. This world is so lovely thanks to his shared imagination. Science.

Deep sympathy to his family at this time.

posted Hide Post
What to say, what to say ... ?

I saw the news a matter of minutes ago, on the internet.

I don't think my feelings about this wonderful man and his work can be sorted out very soon - but when they are, they will be feelings of unquenchable joy and enthusiasm for his work.

I never met him. But he left an indelible imprint on my life and he will be in my heart always.

My thoughts are with all those who love him and those he loved.

And ... what the thread title says.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much love to his family, may they have peace and joy in their sorrow knowing that he walks among the stars.

Master-weaver of words, poet-artist triggering dull synapses in explosions of delight, you will be missed, dear sir. My deepest respects.