Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Pray Ray to Paris
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pray Ray to Paris
 Login/Join

posted
Fly Ray to the "City of Lights" on the Concord, take him to his favorite bistro, order a bottle of the finest French wine, give him a copy of "Tender is the Night," and let him laugh and talk all night. Now, this is is life, this is heaven.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, I like that idea!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mentioned that to Ray next to last time I saw him.

I said let's go to Paris. I said "you should go at least once more before you hang it up".

He expressed genuine interest, and said "oh god - I'd love it", but said his physicians won't let him fly.

I said "shoot the doctors - let's go to Paris!"

He threw back his head and laughed a hearty laugh.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April in Paris--I'll look for you.

posted Hide Post
The last time I saw Paris...oh yeah, I've never seen it. Never mind.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Paris in the springtime.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I love Paris in the fall.

posted Hide Post
put him on a cruise ship then, to Paris!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Paris in the winter, when it drizzles,

posted Hide Post
Bradbury's good friend, Gene Kelly, in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a72-2WUTT_A

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Paris in the summer, when it sizzles.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
put him on a cruise ship then, to Paris!

...and make it call into Dún Laoghaire on the way, so he can re-visit Dublin!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But what about the ghosts he said would prevent his ever visiting Ireland again?

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, the ghosts. I'm assuming he laid them to rest with the publication of Green Shadows, White Whale. And the publication of his Moby Dick screenplay later this year!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post