Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Book Burning to Protest a Lack of Book Loving?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book Burning to Protest a Lack of Book Loving?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
Still, you should use the gtalk, which is a better version of the gmail instant thingy.

Thanks!

Thingy is a good word.

my address for gtalk is ordinis@gmail.com.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, what an interesting topic to be brought up here. Almost as if it were custom made to spark a discussion here!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon,

Azusa, eh? That's just east of Bradbury, CA I believe.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By rail, approximately midway between Anaheim and Cucamonga...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the way to Pasadena, CA (where Ray has his theater performances), from South Orange County, going along the 210 Fwy, you pass the off-ramp for the city of BRADBURY...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has Mr B ever visited "his" city?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possibly!
Next time I talk with him I'll have to ask!
OKAY, who wants to call him up right now and ask? Doug Spaulding?

PHIL:
Did you have a chance to view 'the small assassin' as of yet?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still haven't found time for The Small Assassin, alas. I've been tied up with marking my own students' short films, and there's a limit to how many movies you can watch in a day!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
STAY TUNED!
I'll give Ray a jingle in about 10 minutes and ask him about Bradbury city. Any other questions to ask on this 'spur of the moment'....?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
OKAY, who wants to call him up right now and ask? Doug Spaulding?

I better not - I just called Saturday last, and don't want to appear a pest.

Someone else take this one.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
...and there's a limit to how many movies you can watch in a day!

Try telling that to Roger Ebert!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll give myself the Pest Test and give him a call about the city of Bradbury...

Let you know the answer in 4 minutes....

~~OKAY, the entire conversation will now be posted... give me a couple minutes to type it out...

~~~~~~~~
Question to Mr. Ray Bradbury:
Have you ever been to the city of BRADBURY, California?

June 6th, 2007 1:57PM Los Angeles
Call to Ray Bradbury:

RAY: Good afternoon!
N: Mr. Bradbury! Nard Kordell.
RAY: How you doing?
N: Well, how are you?
RAY: I'm getting my work done!
N: Getting your work done? You ever rest? You ever rest?
RAY: I beg your pardon?
N: Do you ever rest? Do you ever just relax a little bit?
RAY: I never relax in all my life! There's never a question of being tense. I'm having fun! I'm not tense. I'm not nervous! I enjoy what I'm doing. So I relax in what I love.
N: Ray, someone asked if you have ever been to the city of Bradbury, California.
RAY: Tell them Yes. I was in the city 2 years ago, and was given a complete tour of the entire city, gave a speech out there, and then was presented the keys to the city of Bradbury...

(conversation then went on about his upcoming play, and his presence at the Santa Barbara Writer's Conference end of this month...)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I was in the city 2 years ago, and was given a complete tour of the entire city, gave a speech out there, and then was presented the keys to the city of Bradbury...

Good job!

Now he can open all the doors to all the shops in town? Excellent!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The City of Bradbury was named for/by the same man, Louis Bradbury, who created what many consider the most beautiful interior of any building in Los Angeles, aptly named The Bradbury Building.

I am sure that everyone online here has seen the interior of the building in such movies as Blade Runner or the Outer Limits episode, Demon With Glass Hand starring Robert Culp and written by Harlan Ellison. If you remember those wrought iron elevators you've seen the interior of the building.

Oh yes, my grandparent's home was in the city of Bradbury. Now I know why my favorite author is Mr. B.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say it ain't so LordShen, say it ain't so please. Tell me he's not burning indiscrimately the works of Kerouac, Melville, Tolkien, Anderson, Hesse, Steinbeck, or even Bradury. Tell me he's burning law books from the 50s or Jackie Collin's 80's books or even cutting down on the number of Clancy, Robbins or Dan Brown books that permeate the shelves of new and used bookstores today. Please inform him that some of us still read...

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post