raybradburyboard.com
Book Burning to Protest a Lack of Book Loving?

This topic can be found at:
http://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/6461011413

07 June 2007, 12:05 AM
LordShen
Book Burning to Protest a Lack of Book Loving?
quote:
Originally posted by booklover2727:
Say it ain't so LordShen, say it ain't so please. Tell me he's not burning indiscrimately the works of Kerouac, Melville, Tolkien, Anderson, Hesse, Steinbeck, or even Bradury. Tell me he's burning law books from the 50s or Jackie Collin's 80's books or even cutting down on the number of Clancy, Robbins or Dan Brown books that permeate the shelves of new and used bookstores today. Please inform him that some of us still read...


Alas, it's true sorry to say.

i see you registed on my b-day! yay!

as to those in california: i grew up in long beach and anaheim!!!


_______________________

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com
07 June 2007, 01:43 AM
philnic
Nard, thanks for putting that question to RB. I've just done some quick web searches to see if I can find any news coverage of his visit to Bradbury CA, but I haven't found anything yet.

(Re-discovered this photo of his visit to his own park in Waukegan, however.)


- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
07 June 2007, 08:48 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
(Re-discovered this photo of his visit to his own park in Waukegan, however.)

But why is he yawning? Certainly Green Town is a more exciting town than that!


"Live Forever!"
07 June 2007, 08:56 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I am sure that everyone online here has seen the interior of the building in such movies as Blade Runner or the Outer Limits episode, Demon With Glass Hand starring Robert Culp and written by Harlan Ellison. If you remember those wrought iron elevators you've seen the interior of the building.

Also,The Ray Bradbury Theater.


"Live Forever!"
07 June 2007, 04:19 PM
groon
quote:
Originally posted by booklover2727:
Say it ain't so LordShen, say it ain't so please. Tell me he's not burning indiscrimately the works of Kerouac, Melville, Tolkien, Anderson, Hesse, Steinbeck, or even Bradury. Tell me he's burning law books from the 50s or Jackie Collin's 80's books or even cutting down on the number of Clancy, Robbins or Dan Brown books that permeate the shelves of new and used bookstores today. Please inform him that some of us still read...


Yeah, I kinda pictured him burning trashy romance novels, the kind of stuff that wouldn't hurt too much to imagine not being there when someone a coupld hundred years from now needed to do research....

And you all seem to know your Southern CA geography quite well, thank you! Cool that the city of Bradbury did all that. I'd be amazed if they hadn't at least invited him over!
08 June 2007, 01:53 AM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
But why is he yawning? Certainly Green Town is a more exciting town than that!


I thought he was caught mid-speech, but you could be right. Maybe he was tired after the long road or rail trip.


- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter