Ray Bradbury Forums
Lost Ray Bradbury books

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/6447007286

22 February 2019, 07:52 AM
WittyWeasel
Lost Ray Bradbury books
I am 72 years old and went to school in Beverly Hills, California. When I was in school, I purchased a number of Mr. Bradbury's paperback books at Martindales book store on Little Santa Monica Blvd. I would leave my purchases with the clerk who would hold them until Mr. Bradbury came in. Mr. Bradbury would then personally autograph them for me.As examples, he autographed the copy of " Fahrenheit 451 ": " To Alex, this unscorched copy from the fireman himself " and " To Alex, this vintage bottle of Dandelion wine from the vintner himself "
In 1973 I left for 2 years abroad and left my large collection of science fiction books and magazines with my girlfriend's brother at the time. When I returned, my collection was still with them EXCEPT for all the autographed copies of my Bradbury books. They were gone. I was never able to find out what happened to them.
If anyone on this thread has heard of these copies, I would like to know. I have no intention of attempting to reclaim them, as I'm sure they've been through many hands over the years. However, I would like to have some closure for my loss. Anyone who might have information about these books can email me at : agnate@hotmail.com
I believe I had 6 or 7 books at the time,all personally autographed " To Alex "
Thank you,
Alex Gossland
22 February 2019, 03:22 PM
dandelion
That is devastating. This place is a ghost town, but I will post a link to your thread in a couple of places where it will be seen. Things sometimes have a way of turning up.
22 February 2019, 09:37 PM
WittyWeasel
Many thanks Dandelion. It's an old, old scar but it still rankles. Those were my babies.
23 February 2019, 12:22 AM
WittyWeasel
Just a quick note . . . all the paperbacks were printed pre-1965.
23 February 2019, 03:51 AM
dandelion
Kewl.