Ray Bradbury Forums
Commandeur des Ordre des Arts et des Lettres

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/6371056123

08 July 2007, 04:43 PM
jkt
Commandeur des Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
On Tuesday Mr. B will be at the French Embassy, in Los Angeles, to receive yet another award: 'Commander of the Order of Arts and Literature.' This honor is bestowed for significantly contributing to the enrichment of the French cultural inheritance.

'Commander of the Order of Arts and Literature'

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
08 July 2007, 10:32 PM
Nard Kordell
jkt:

Hey! Hey! What's this?

Why no pertinent particulars?

Why no "time' info?

No info on the possibility of spectators for this sacred occasion?

Why no advanced information on how all this will be done or who exactly is going to be doing the honoring?

And what about picture taking? Nothing to be posted here on the Bradbury website?

How about a simple report? Anyone going?

JOHN!! WILL YOU BE THERE TO TELL US????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,
09 July 2007, 06:33 AM
jkt
Nard,

I never thought to ask because I was still in a daze from the Wonderful Ice Cream Suit.

At times, I feel like I am imposing. Frowner

John King Tarpinian
09 July 2007, 03:25 PM
jkt
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
jkt:

Hey! Hey! What's this?

Why no pertinent particulars?

Why no "time' info?

No info on the possibility of spectators for this sacred occasion?

Why no advanced information on how all this will be done or who exactly is going to be doing the honoring?

And what about picture taking? Nothing to be posted here on the Bradbury website?

How about a simple report? Anyone going?

JOHN!! WILL YOU BE THERE TO TELL US????[QUOTE]

The Order of Arts and Letters was established in l957, by Charles DeGault, to recognize eminent artists and writers, and people who have contributed significantly to furthering the arts in France and throughout the world. Commander is the highest of the three levels. Officier and Chevalier (officer and knight) being the other two lesser grades.

John King Tarpinian
10 July 2007, 01:24 AM
philnic
It must be for books such as this:

And this:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
11 July 2007, 05:31 PM
jkt
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jkt:
On Tuesday Mr. B will be at the French Embassy, in Los Angeles, to receive yet another award: 'Commander of the Order of Arts and Literature.'[Quote]

Instead of Mr. B having been given his medal yesterday, as originally thought, Ray will be given the medal this Saturday, July 14th...Bastille Day.

I probably won't find out the particulars before Friday or if it will is a public affaire. When I do I'll post it here.

John King Tarpinian
12 July 2007, 10:50 AM
Braling II
Ah em zo gled fowr heem! Ah em shoor deh kees heem on bozh sheeks!
12 July 2007, 11:28 AM
LordShen
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Ah em zo gled fowr heem! Ah em shoor deh kees heem on bozh sheeks!

Alloooo! Eetchie an' Skrahtchee Lahnd now opin fowr bees-ness! Allo? Mah cheeldrin need wine!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com
18 December 2007, 07:31 AM
jkt
Last night, Mr. B. was presented his Commander of the Order of the Arts and Literature medal.

It was on the morning news so I'm hoping to find a video of it. If anybody wants to feel free to beat me to the punch please do so.

John King Tarpinian
18 December 2007, 01:19 PM
Doug Spaulding
Couldn't find a video yet but here's a great photo of Mr B making bug-eyes at a podium.

This is the first time I've seen this photo, so maybe it's new for some of you folks too, no?

"Live Forever!"
29 December 2007, 11:04 AM
Nard Kordell
Here's a recent video of Ray talking about Russians planning new projects based on Dandelion Wine... plus the French honoring him for his work...and his 'almost-project' with Gene Kelly... (Twas a dark theater...but EMPIRE STRIKES BACK director Irv Kershner adds a little green light to Ray's face by taking digital photos thruout Ray's talk...and once in a while a bright glow ascends from up high...(Don't forget to click on the RayBradburyChannel icon afterwards, on the upper corner of the YOUTUBE page )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiiFevtUA1M