Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ackerman had died

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ackerman had died
 Login/Join

posted
I just heard that Forrest J. Ackerman passed away today at the age of 92. I was fortunate enough to hear him speak several times and if you love Mr. Bradbury and don't know about Mr. Ackerman's legacy, then you are in for a real treat! Anyone out there ever worked with Mr. Ackerman or have an Ackerman/Bradbury story? My condolences to Mr. Bradbury at the loss of such a wonderful friend.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in post-production of a documentary on Uncle 4E, and last saw him a week ago. What a wonderful man.

It's easy to say nice things about someone when they have passed, but the fact that multitudes have been saying these same things for years suggests how loved he really was. He earned every accolade the old-fashioned way.

I'm sorry I'm not up to telling any stories right now, but if you search the threads, you will find plenty.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was truly saddened by the death of Mr. Ackerman. He influenced my generation in a truly positive way. I have pulled out my Famous Monsters magazines and will revisit a most happy time of my life...Thanks to Mr. Ackerman...a true mentor.

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please let us know when the documentary is complete and how we may attain it. Thank you.
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I am in post-production of a documentary on Uncle 4E, and last saw him a week ago. What a wonderful man.

It's easy to say nice things about someone when they have passed, but the fact that multitudes have been saying these same things for years suggests how loved he really was. He earned every accolade the old-fashioned way.

I'm sorry I'm not up to telling any stories right now, but if you search the threads, you will find plenty.

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post