Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Has the Earth moved for you recently?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has the Earth moved for you recently?
 Login/Join

posted
On this day, I read Eugene McCarthy's treatise on why Darwin was wrong.

Darwin hoped that new fossils would show the gradual evolution he proposed in his theory, slowly changing one species into another. But the fossil record has stubbonly shown only the seemingly instantaneous creation of a new species, followed by essential stability until eventual extinction.

McCarthy's treatise explains why, what really drives evolution and most importantly - who our ancestors probably were.

Forms of Life

Perhaps Mr. B. would find it interesting?

Posts: 3 | Location: UK | Registered: 05 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DerekSmith:
...Perhaps Mr. B. would find it interesting?

Or perhaps you are here to promote something, and added that final sentence to try to justify posting it here. I don't see what this has to do with "Ray's Legacy".

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Phil,

Of course I am attempting to promote something - knowledge and understanding - isn't that truely Ray's legacy?

However, I am a newby here, so if I have misunderstood the purpose of the board and the content of previous posts, then I apologise and will of course withdraw the post if that is required.

By the way, what did you think of McCarthy's writings?

Derek

Posts: 3 | Location: UK | Registered: 05 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now I read today, that the great man has died.

The world is now a poorer place.

Perhaps in his last moments he dreamed that he was himself a fire balloon on Mars - home at last.