Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Bradbury's Noel

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury's Noel
 Login/Join

posted
Last year's Christmas program was standing room only. It put made this fat man jolly. This year's program looks to be even better.

Sunday December 2nd @ 8pm
Sunday December 9th @ 3pm
Saturday December 15th @ 8pm

From the website: “Bless Me, Father, For I Have Sinned.” A priest is called upon to give absolution on Christmas eve for a supplicant’s appalling act of cruelty in this short play, a Bradbury stage classic. Jay Gerber stars.
“Invisible Boy.” A manipulative but lonely witch seeks to adopt a relative as her own son. As an inducement, she offers the lad a gift of invisibility. Things don’t turn out quite the way she planned in this short play, a brand new adaptation for the stage of a Bradbury short story. Grady Hutt and Laura Raynor star.
Pandemonium Theatre Company resident director Alan Neal Hubbs helms the two short plays.
Ray Bradbury will perform a reading of his poem “Dogs Think That Every Day Is Christmas.” The master raconteur will also share reminiscences of momentous seasons past.

Share a special season with Ray Bradbury himself. Happy holidays.

http://www.plays411.com/newsite/show/play_info.asp

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a flyer for Ray Bradbury's Noel

John King Tarpinian

ImageNoel.jpg (102 Kb, 13 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Where are the photos? Smiler

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt:

My iMAC says the scratch disks are full, and I can't download photos Frowner from the camera, or the ones I did, I can't photoshop them for the web. So until I figure this out... Otherwise they would have been online last night when I got home. (I just tried to re-format and submit photos onto a new Noel Page. But...sorry NO GO! (at least at this time!)

As to the play...Great time had all!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
jkt:

My iMAC says the scratch disks are full, and I can't download photos Frowner from the camera, or the ones I did, I can't photoshop them for the web. So until I figure this out... Otherwise they would have been online last night when I got home. (I just tried to re-format and submit photos onto a new Noel Page. But...sorry NO GO! (at least at this time!)

As to the play...Great time had all!!

And you went to all the trouble to take the photo of the tree-of-life. Big Grin (inside joke)

Yes, the play was fantastic. I had to wipe my eyes more than once during Bless Me Father.

The change in the ending of Invisible Boy, from the short story, was to make it more christmas oriented and it worked for me.

One can never hear Ray's talk too many times.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
(inside joke)

Well, come on inside and tell it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One can never hear Ray's talk too many times.

One can not.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ray Bradbury will perform a reading of his poem “Dogs Think That Every Day Is Christmas.”

But he didn't!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Here is a link to a nice reciew of Ray Bradbury's Noel. The last performance, of which, is tonight.

http://www.pasadenaweekly.com/article.php?id=5435&IssueNum=102

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
What is Ray going to be doing next Friday, December 21st, 2007?

Picketing!!!

Yes, Ray plans to be in front of 20th Century Fox Studios, picketing on behalf of the writer's strike.

Be There!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll try!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
As shall I.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Fellows! Did it happen? Ray and yourselves picketing I mean? Details, details! Photos?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Fellows! Did it happen? Ray and yourselves picketing I mean? Details, details! Photos?

Yes, Ray was on the line at MGM, Wednesday before last. I missed walking the line.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, Ray was on the line at MGM, Wednesday before last. I missed walking the line.

Ray beat me to the punch too. I was planning on marching (do you now, I haven't marched since marching in an anti-abortion march nearly twenty years ago) on Friday, but our leader had gone before us.

(The abortion march may have been in March, but I cannot remember.)

Unlike Johnny Cash, I did not walk the line.

I mean the Great Johnny Cash.

"Live Forever!"