Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    January 20, 2009 - A Brand New Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 20, 2009 - A Brand New Day
 Login/Join

posted
Wisdom. Hope. Compassion. Change. Peace.

Godspeed.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not left. Not right. But forward.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And no one had to relocate to Mars. I'm excited.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or, Alpha Centauri.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
And no one had to relocate to Mars. I'm excited.

Toby is pleased.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I thought the Invocation by Pastor Warren was well done. I especially liked the final Benediction and poem. This was a moment of total inclusion, not exclusion, of those of us who do not follow all the accepted systems of belief, and yet we have a place to be in the mist of a memorable and history making occasion, with our heads held high in the knowledge that we too have helped this moment to arrive.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, great opening and closing!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Yo-Yo Ma. What an incredible talent and life force!

posted Hide Post
The benediction was terrific, as was the quartet. Incredible music, expertly played.

I even enjoyed the Chief Justice flubbing the oath of office. The scholarly John Roberts seemed to stumble a bit on one phrase, saying “office to” rather than “office of” the President of the United States. Obama, calm as ever, waited as Roberts repeated the phrase correctly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to everybody))

I was watching CNN live video. Only 50% was understood to my by hearing, but the voice and intonations of the mr. new president were really exciting.

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding ~ You would pick a pro gay- marriage fellow who did benediction as "terrific". So let me ask you this: why are the gays beating up on Warren? Nearly 90% of blacks in black churches are against gay-marriage. Obama is definitely against gay marriage. Why are they not picketing black churches? Or Obama?

Well, if someone didn't catch it, here's the Warren prayer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYy9qfSCJU&feature=related
=========================================

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pavel Gubarev:
Congratulations to everybody

Thanks! We're a proud peoples once again. Finally.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding. WH0A! There horsey! Speak for yourself. You are not speaking for me. When Barack Obama comes to his senses and respects the life of unborn babies and gives them a chance for life and freedom and civil rights as an individual, then maybe will talk about being a proud peoples.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peoples is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Nard, Thanks for the link!
I missed the whole shebang, being at work all day.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post