Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    I'd like someone to talk to tonight
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'd like someone to talk to tonight
 Login/Join

posted
I'm rather lonely, and starved for a good conversation.

email, or IM, or something.

any takers?

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's 50 (fifty plus) people online right this second. SOMEBODY talk to WildGravity. NOW!!!!
Hang in there WildGravity. The emails are being written, the IMs are just about to connect, and all eyes are watching the postings...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WildGravity!

Is it Marooned, Texas you live in? I heard there is such a place.
Heard doesn't necessarily mean 'is'.
And then there is:
http://www.nlj.org.jm/docs/place_names.htm

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard about two tankers that collided off the coast. One tanker was carrying blue paint, and the other was carrying red paint. Both crews were marooned.

(probably just a rumour, though...)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
I'm rather lonely, and starved for a good conversation.

email, or IM, or something.

any takers?

Message me up, good fellow. I'm always avaliable to talk, assuming it's not past midnight or so on westcoast time; have to sleep sometimes!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nico: Tink WildGravity 'z girl

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Nico: Tink WildGravity 'z girl

A girl can't be a fellow? I guess not. She got the picture. My email is ordinis@gmail.com.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nowadays a girl is a "dude," as the word "dudette" never quite caught on. In any case, greetings, WildGravity!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In this day and age, you hear guys referring to other guys as "babe" sometimes, and often, they will refer to girls as "dudes" or "guys'.

Ain't it a funny world?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, if a California sweet dried grape is a raisin. Does that logically make a young West Coast girl "raisin in the sun," a ... http://www.theonlinecandyshop.com/ProductImages/RAISINETS.jpg
or (up close and personal
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshuawillis/132456951/
?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish they all could be California girls...

(Sorry. Some of us will now have that song on the brain all day!)

Say, where is WG these days, anyway?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I heard it through the Grapevine..."
Great, now I got two songs in my head all day. And I gotta remember those dancin' raisins as well, ya gotta love 'em.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Communication. It's a funny thing nowadays. I see people talking on their cellphones everywhere I go. Movie theatre, bus stop, Wal*Mart, Kaiser, leaving parking lots, driving into parking lots, leaving restaurants, walking into restaurants, and while eating and while driving. Oh, and they text and instant message all the time too. Sometimes while they're working, or in class, or jogging, or driving. During sex? Perhaps. But I ain't seen it.

So, they say... "It's healthy, we're communicating. They're my friends. It's not like they're strangers on the internet" or "I need to check in" or "I'm trying to hook-up with this chick/guy".

Well, before the cellphone existed we got along just fine. Of course everyone was always in a hurry to get to a landline. They were wicked drivers in those days too, always in a hurry to get to that phone so they could "check in". And the lines at the payphones back then... forget about it, the lines wrapped around the block.

I don't know. I'm just one internet stranger spouting off to whoever is out there. The moving hand of mine scribbles on a wall, and having scribbled... moves on.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, this could open a can of worms!
Cellphone Etiquette!
I don't own one myself...yet. The only time I would've felt better with one is while in the middle of nowhere driving an unreliable car.
Now, is it just me, or does it seem like someone on a cell phone talks much louder than he would were the other person in the room with him? I find it rude, myself; even if it's just in the shops or airport or some other public venue. Now in a theatre - totally unacceptable!

posted Hide Post
Likewise during a funeral service.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post