Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Did anybody get any Ray related gift(s)?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anybody get any Ray related gift(s)?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
What does it say at the bottom of the "spine", jkt?

...and why is the Lone Ranger lurking behind..?

The manufacturer, Levenger, is at the bottom of the spine.

Yes, that is the Lone Ranger lunch box. I have a number of items in my office to keep people occupied which keeps them from asking dumb questions while I'm trying to figure out why they cannot get the right numbers to come out from their computations.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching a Star Trek Movie "marathon." Even Captain Kirk preferred REAL books. Take that eReader.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...Even Captain Kirk preferred REAL books...

Only when he was being directed or written by Nicholas Meyer, a very literate fellow. Otherwise, he was never seen to read anything that wasn't on a screen, tricorder or wedge-shaped electronic clipboard!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Nephew not impressed?

Oh no, that's not it. It was the fact that Disney appealed more to him than the great Ray Bradbury. I've been reading Bradbury stories to him all his life, and I guess it never seeped in. Next time I'll have to buy him some books instead, or give him one from my collection. I wonder if he's old enough for the Don yet? (Laughs)

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post