Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"On holiday" is good. The only people in the UK who have a "vacation" are university-level students.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post

...._______________________________________________________________
.......______________________________________________________________________
..........________________________________________________________________________________

..................Touching Base with all Christian believers who
..............have been influenced by or simply enjoy reading
..........Ray Bradbury.

If you are one, asking here that thruout the week we spend time in prayer to God the Father on behalf of Ray Bradbury; asking that the Holy Spirit open the eyes of Bradbury's heart to see the great mystery of faith in Christ, and the unmeasurable depth of grace.

Pray as you will for him, but in particular that God open the way for Ray to experience that great love of Christ's perfect life given to us in exchange for our imperfect one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Wow, this is the first time I've seen this thread and I've often pondered if Ray had faith in Jesus Christ. I will certainly add Ray to the list of folks that I regularly pray for.

I did not read all the pages of this thread and it appears sadly that there was some contention about the subject. My opinion is that both Jesus Christ and Ray Bradbury have profoundly influenced my life. I think makes sense that people on this board post about items that are of interest, life changing, and thought provoking. So it seems only natural that sometimes or another, people will post items that deal with the two.

Myself, I also have pondered how Bono and J.R.R. Tolkien might think about Jesus Christ. I've read and seem Bono speak much on the subject so I know where he stands.

Best wishes to all.

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Blind Henry~

Christian author and pastor Rick Warren... http://www.rickwarren.com/
...visited with Ray Bradbury last month. They spent an hour together and I have not heard as to what they spoke about. I did learn that it went well, however. I take this to be a direct answer to prayer.

As to J R.R.Tolkien, he was a Roman Catholic, and was one of the editors of The New Jerusalem Bible, a popular Roman Catholic bible in modern language. He was good friends with a late bloomer as a Christian, C.S. Lewis. In the Lewis book, NARNIA, the lion was Jesus Christ.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Christian author and pastor Rick Warren visited with Ray Bradbury last month. They spent an hour together and I have not heard as to what they spoke about. I did learn that it went well, however.

I don't know what they talked about either, but when we were over last Monday visiting Ray, he mentioned the Warren visit, and my spouse asked how he enjoyed that, and Ray replied that "he was OK - he didn't try to convert me." We then talked for a couple minutes about his personal religious beliefs, but out of respect for his privacy, I won't post what he said, but it's nothing that he probably wouldn't say publicly if asked.

Ray Bradbury is an open book.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding! Thanks for the information. It's interesting to note that Warren holds the record for penning, next to the Bible, the biggest selling non-fiction book in US publishing history, The Purpose Driven Life. Any chance someone took a photo of the two meeting?

posted Hide Post
does Ray know about this online prayer circle dedicated to making him "convert" to Christianity?

posted Hide Post
fanboy!
Good opportunity for you to let him know! Here's your chance!

posted Hide Post
He knows Nard personally...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I plead the fifth.
Therefore, I refuse to answer in that it may incriminate me!

posted Hide Post
fanboy,no one can make anyone convert to Christianity. That's a misnomer. I can't make you, neither anyone else make you change the color of your skin, or your DNA for that matter. Converting is God-thing. God does it! Always has been. Nowadays, popular culture and liberal writers like that catchword, convert.

Or you could look at it another way, something like this, "You can bring a horse to water", as they say, "but you can't make him drink it".

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed, library. "Seeing the light", if you will, is much more than simple gnosis, it cannot be taught.

And in that vein, no knowlege can be taught. One can only create an environment in which the student is more likely create it himself!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug
Spaulding
Happened across an interview of Charlie Rose, the New York interviewer, with the fellow who met with Ray Bradbury recently, Rick Warren. Thought provoking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GTeiIBjo3k

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure is - thanks for the link.

Anaheim, eh? You'll be coming to the Three Legends Monday night, no?

We hope to be filming there.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Ray was a Christian. After reading(and watching) some of his literature, I assumed that he was to be a Christian. It is shocking to me(if true)if he is not a Christian. For the only was to see him for eternity is if he goes to heaven.