Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

...._______________________________________________________________
.......______________________________________________________________________
..........________________________________________________________________________________

..................Touching Base with all Christian believers who
..............have been influenced by or simply enjoy reading
..........Ray Bradbury.

If you are one, asking here that thruout the week we spend time in prayer to God the Father on behalf of Ray Bradbury; asking that the Holy Spirit open the eyes of Bradbury's heart to see the great mystery of faith in Christ, and the unmeasurable strength of grace.

Pray as you will for him, but in partricular that God open the way for Ray to experience that great love of God's gift, his Son Jesus Christ.

....In 2nd Corinthians, Chapter 5, verse 18, it reads:
"All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God
has given us the task of reconciling people to him."

....And when you have your Bible open,
read over the context of the above verse: 2nd Corinthians 5, verses 11-21.

................~Thanks to everyone on this important prayer request

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you know that there are records in India, documenting the fact that Jesus spent time in India during the years of his life that there are no mention of in the Bible? There is a monastery in North India where Jesus is reported to have spent time, the monks there have scrolls that document this fact. To the local people in the area, Jesus is one of their revered local saints. The Shankaracharya, head of the monastic order in India said he also has authentic records documenting Jesus' presence in India.

It is said that one of the three wise men was an ancient South Indian king. He built a temple in honor of Jesus' mother, Mary, after he returned home to his kingdom. The first Christians that came to India were amazed to find that there was already an ancient temple dedicated to the Holy Mother there.

posted Hide Post
And all over Europe there are relics - fingers, limbs, toes of Jesus, Mary, the Magi. If you count them all up, each of these biblical persons would have had thirty fingers and five limbs. Not all claims are true, which is why we have developed fields of study called history, science and archaeology.

Sorry to intrude on this thread. Please carry on praying - don't mind me.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There are also stories of the "missing years" which have Jesus spending time in England and other locations. He cared about people everywhere and I'm sure got around as much as he could.

I remember a conversation with my dad about this friend of mine he thought must be a great guy because the friend's father read all these religious philosophical works my dad swears by and I said, "Guess what, Dad. The son doesn't read those works, as far as I know he doesn't read the Bible, he's at least an agnostic and practically an atheist." Told this to a born-again friend, who said, "God doesn't have any grandchildren."

The upshot of that being, as I agree myself--each individual has to accept Christ FOR THEMSELVES. It doesn't matter what their family, or in this case, their fans, believe. That being said, it also doesn't discount the love of God and the power of prayer! I see absolutely nothing wrong with at least proposing these prayers for Ray and leaving it to God what good may come of them!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is based on authentic historical documents, there are more stories of this sort, but I only posted about the ones that can be backed up with historical evidence. True, most of these records are in India, but that fact alone doesn't discount their authenticity.

posted Hide Post
(Reply moved to "Religion 101" thread...)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Braling II,

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
___________________________________________________________________________________________

..... "I will be doing a story, sometimes in the future, about an entire Church of priests who go out into the universe in their search for God, not realizing that God is buried in their hearts. You don't search for it (God) in other places. It is in your breast, in your psyche, and in your soul. I hope to work on that more and publish it in about 2 years."

-Ray Bradbury
March, 2007

___________________________________________________________________________________________

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If God turns Mr. bradbury away he might as well turn me away.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
WG, I'll reiterate: the gates of Hell are locked from the inside.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
tinkerbell, don't you just hate it when people just don't understand the facts?
WildGravity, turn you away from what? A dark wall? That's a gift only God gives.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
tinkerbell, don't you just hate it when people just don't understand the facts?

Absolutely!

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
tinkerbell.
Naughty tinkerbell.
If you delete your posts, it's difficult to carry on a conversation since comments directed towards something you previously posted, have been deleted. Like my comment to you above. It makes no sense since you deleted your posting that it was directed to.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
tinkerbell.
Naughty tinkerbell.
If you delete your posts, it's difficult to carry on a conversation since comments directed towards something you previously posted, have been deleted. Like my comment to you above. It makes no sense since you deleted your posting that it was directed to.

You got me there embroiderer! I'm just a dumb brunette, not to mention a novice on these here boards, what with missing out on my schooling 'n' all. From now on I promise not to edit a single syllable.
Off now to sit in the "naughty" chair and sulk for a while ...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lord works in mysterious ways...I know no other author as mysterious as our Mr. Bradbury...He has moved the mountains that have impeded my way...cleared the path through the impassable forest...and he has opened my eyes to our distant God and brought him closer to all of us...
I have seen Him (thanks to Mr. Bradbury)in the canola fields of England, Pont Neuf in Paris, Ege Street in Jersy City, and the white sands of Naples, Florida. I hear him in the wind. I smell him on a lonely dock in the middle of a cool night. I feel Him in my memories that let me know that He has always been there...and thanks to Mr. Bradbury I have the senses that allow me to feel and sense our God unseen.

Once again, I thank you Mr. Bradbury...

believer in Douglas

posted Hide Post
booklover2727: Ah, same here. Likewise! Great adventure! He led me to the fuse box where I slammed the switches and cried over lights that began to turn on. But that's not the whole story. The whole story is...Bradbury himself doesn't quite get it yet. And THAT is a mystery. Because, how can that be?
How can Ray Bradbury pen portraits of the breath of God, entwine the many cords of syllables from angels, sculpt visions of genuine eternity inside arrangements of the alphabet, and not catch insight of from whom it all comes? THAT is a mystery. So late in life, you think he would have answered the door by now.