Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

Well, lately he has begun work on his great religious book, which he hopes to finish in about 2 years. So we're talking around 2010-2011 before the last words are penned. (or in Ray's case, dictated!) That'll bring Ray over the 90 year old threshold. So I'd ask prayer that Ray's health hold out and that he be overcome and overtaken by the Holy Spirit by the overwhelming 'grace' of God, and finish the book with great eloquence and finality.

Now that's a prayer I have!

Two years of suspense is going to kill me!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! So what does this mean? Prayer is doing something here? Or does that mean we have to pray harder?

posted Hide Post
Both!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No reason to forget about praying for ol' Ray during the Fourth of July hilidays.

There is no reason why we cannot be faithful to giving a minute or two a minute to Lord on behalf of Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I support you on that request!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hilidays is a good word.

I'm only funning (Mr Knox can be a little touchy).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding. Well, heck! Where I am right now there are a lot of hills. It's hilli. And tomorrow, my still being here, I shall experience a great hilli day, I am sure. And wish EVERYONE a Fourth of July hilliday!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We tease one another so - where are you, by the way?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have often seen the world through Ray's eyes. I pray that he might see it through the Lord's.

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with blackdog!

Ray has been looking thru the eyes of his family, the eyes of his past, and the eyes of Martians. Late in life, he must have some notion that every single thing eventually passes away. A telescope will point to the great galaxies disintegrating as the billions of stars and planets collide. Nothing lasts, but Christ is eternal and thru Him all things came into being.
'All things that are were created thru Christ, and nothing that is made has been made without Christ." (Colossians I)

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Contrary to what some people may think, there are quite a number of people praying for Ray. I am sure it's a way for some here to say Thanks for many wonderful experiences in reading Rays works.

So we're asking the Father, thru Christ, for an enlightening of the heart and mind and soul of Ray in order for Ray to be able to catch a glimpse, and more, of who Christ really is. That only happens when God sends his Spirit into a person. We're asking for that.

A belated Happy Birthday, Ray, on your 88th year.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:So we're asking the Father, thru Christ, for an enlightening of the heart and mind and soul of Ray in order for Ray to be able to catch a glimpse, and more, of who Christ really is. That only happens when God sends his Spirit into a person. We're asking for that.

This is pretty much the exact message Ray gave in his story "The Man." Pray that he can come back under the influence of the spirit that prompted the writing of that story.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Does what he assigns in spirit not rise above what he assigns in word?

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:

I thought I'd know. But no. So, okay, explain to me exactly what you mean.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:

I thought I'd know. But no. So, okay, explain to me exactly what you mean.

My meaning: Must he verbally acknowledge Christ, or will spiritually suffice?