Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
Good grief.

Just buy his books and celebrate his wonder, imagination, love, and humanity.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. Life is that simple!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post

...._______________________________________________________________
.......______________________________________________________________________
..........________________________________________________________________________________

..................Touching Base with all Christian believers who
..............have been influenced by or simply enjoy reading
..........Ray Bradbury.

If you are one, asking here that thruout the week we spend time in prayer to God the Father on behalf of Ray Bradbury; asking that the Holy Spirit open the eyes of Bradbury's heart to see the great mystery of faith in Christ, and the unmeasurable strength of grace.

Pray as you will for him, but in partricular that God open the way for Ray to experience that great love of God's gift, his Son Jesus Christ.

....In 2nd Corinthians, Chapter 5, verse 18, it reads:
"All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God
has given us the task of reconciling people to him."

....And when you have your Bible open,
read over the context of the above verse: 2nd Corinthians 5, verses 11-21.

................~Thanks to everyone on this important prayer request

NOTE!
...Ray says he no longer believes in prayer. That gives insight into where Bradbury's trust is not based. He often says in his talks that the universe is a mystery, and that we are all gods. Far from the Baptist beliefs he held as a child.

...And so this request for prayer for Ray, from the pivotal point of our helplessness to do anything but ask Our Father to intervene and use what instruments He deems the best to win the heart of Ray.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

Ray says he no longer believes in prayer. That gives insight into where Bradbury's trust is not based. He often says in his talks that the universe is a mystery, and that we are all gods. Far from the Baptist beliefs he held as a child.

So...Why do we not let him believe what he wants to believe? I'm sure that your God would never send someone as kind-hearted as Ray to any place like hell.

I ask of you...What is there to fear? A judgemental God that sends all-around good people to the fiery pits of hell just because they do not believe? What happens to the devout christian that beats his very own children because of the horrible past he owns that he at least knows God was a part of?

And, if God runs heaven the way he runs this planet...I do not think i would ever agree to be his follower.

My Regards,
Kukai Aoki
I am disgusted at the way people work, cleaning their hands, and then off they go, to commit more disgusting sins.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:

I am disgusted at the way people work, cleaning their hands, and then off they go, to commit more disgusting sins.

Don't be so quick to condemn!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:

Don't be so quick to condemn!

It's true in the part of the world I live in. Do they know of no evil over in yours?

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And besides...don't you know?

"Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine."

-Dr. Cox (Scrubs)

"Oh, death!"

posted Hide Post
Look! This was supposed to be a prayer request forum for Ray. If this can't be, then I'll ask dandelion to 'lock it'. Thanks!

posted Hide Post

...._______________________________________________________________
.......______________________________________________________________________
..........________________________________________________________________________________

..................Touching Base with all Christian believers who
..............have been influenced by or simply enjoy reading
..........Ray Bradbury.

If you are one, asking here that thruout the week we spend time in prayer to God the Father on behalf of Ray Bradbury; asking that the Holy Spirit open the eyes of Bradbury's heart to see the great mystery of faith in Christ, and the unmeasurable strength of grace.

Pray as you will for him, but in partricular that God open the way for Ray to experience that great love of God's gift, his Son Jesus Christ.

....In 2nd Corinthians, Chapter 5, verse 18, it reads:
"All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God
has given us the task of reconciling people to him."

....And when you have your Bible open,
read over the context of the above verse: 2nd Corinthians 5, verses 11-21.

................~Thanks to everyone on this important prayer request

NOTE!
...Ray says he no longer believes in prayer. That gives insight into where Bradbury's trust is not based. He often says in his talks that the universe is a mystery, and that we are all gods. Far from the Baptist beliefs he held as a child.

...And so this request for prayer for Ray, from the pivotal point of our helplessness to do anything but ask Our Father to intervene and use what instruments He deems the best to win the heart of Ray.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Look! This was supposed to be a prayer request forum for Ray. If this can't be, then I'll ask dandelion to 'lock it'. Thanks!

Hey, don't think Dandelion hasn't considered that several times!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You know what they say . . . religion and politics . . .

Red Face)

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry, but this pray for Ray thing has about run its course. Do pray if you want, but stop brow beating him for being who he is. Some of us like him just that way. Pray-For-Ray sounds like you think he has a desease. I am abandoning this thread as useless and down right abusive. Let's talk about what Ray is and has done to improve our lives, not what some think he should have done or how he should behave, based on a single perspective.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's a bit strong to say the thread is abusive: (1) When is it abusive to pray for someone? (2) I don't believe Ray actually reads this board. People do sometimes print portions out for him--but only those portions they think will be of interest to him.

You're right. If the thread is of no interest, don't read it. I also agree that there is lots of great stuff to discuss in reference to his amazing body of work, and this enthusiastic approach to life and art.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrask, you make it sound like no one has ever bothered to pray for you! Very sad!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Those who wanted this thread locked got their prayers answered.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post