Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I haven't the address.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago Ray sent me an Easter card. I remember it because there were Halloween stickers on the outside.

Cool

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post

...._______________________________________________________________
.......______________________________________________________________________

..........________________________________________________________________________________

..................Touching Base with all Christian believers who
..............have been influenced by or simply enjoy reading
..........Ray Bradbury.

If you are one, asking here that thruout the week we spend time in prayer to God the Father on behalf of Ray Bradbury; asking that the Holy Spirit open the eyes of Bradbury's heart to see the great mystery of faith in Christ, and the unmeasurable depth of grace.

Pray as you will for him, but in particular that God open the way for Ray to experience that great love of Christ's perfect life given to us in exchange for our imperfect one.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Remembered to pray for Ray again over the weekend. I've been including him in my prayers now for a couple of weeks and will continue doing so.

If you don't mind me asking, would you share your testimony of how you became a believer in Jesus Christ? I always love hearing people's personal stories of faith and grace.

Best Wishes.

BH

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Blind Henry~
How did I find Christ? With enormous difficulty!
I never put it down on paper.

It's years of winding, detouring, blocked and dead-end trails to coming to a point where Christ captured me once and for all. Sin and pride are the culprits, of course. And even after getting blasted by the Holy Spirit with "finding life", there is always the returning self-centered life wanting its 'home' back.

So, I'll have to think how I can make the message of my finding Christ simple and concise. ~Later!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think making it simple and concise is impossible.

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Your posts seem to always be well constructed. You'll do a great job when you get a moment to organize your thoughts. I look forward to reading your testimony and will post mine if anyone's interested.

Best wishes.

posted Hide Post
Blind Henry~
Thanks! I'll try working on it this week. This will be a test to condense the mystery of a miracle into several small, readable paragraphs.
(Gee! Reminds me of a story, 'A Miracle of Rare Device')

posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Blind Henry:

Nard,

Your posts seem to always be well constructed. You'll do a great job when you get a moment to organize your thoughts. I look forward to reading your testimony and will post mine if anyone's interested.

Best wishes.

It's Friday, April 11th, 2008.

Blind Henry~

Spending time organizing my thoughts is vital since I've never written down the experience. It's a subject and an experience too large. God communicates and you are made aware, if for a while, as fully as if you opened your physical eyes for the first time to sight. But it's not just physical eyes, it's identity! The song phrase, 'I was lost and now I'm found'...aptly applies here.

The earlier you experience this event, where Jesus allows his own character to be accessed and understood by you as an individual and become a part of your character that, ultimately, allows you to, metaphorically, touch the hem of his Father, the less baggage you'll likely carry into later life. 'Baggage' meaning all the stupid stuff we do that hangs onto our character and our daily activities as sure as a stubborn illness that won't leave easily.

So, I'll work on it. When I feel it's readable, and understandable enough as well, I'll post it.

~Thanks

posted Hide Post
Nard, don't stress over it. After all, it took C.S. Lewis a whole book to tell his story, and he was a writer!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nard,

I agree with BII. Don't stress. I look forward to reading the story of God's work in you. I'll work on my own testimony and try to post it here this week.

Best wishes.

BH

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blind Henry:
Thanks Nard,

I agree with BII. Don't stress. I look forward to reading the story of God's work in you. I'll work on my own testimony and try to post it here this week.

Best wishes.

BH

==========================

Well, here's a quick thumb-nail sketch~

Who am I?
Why am I here?
Where am I going?
What's it all about?

I never really gave much thought to any of these questions. I pretty much knew who I was, where I was going, what's it all about. It's that inherited instinct. What the problem was, however, was a disaster to putting into practice any of these understandings. Dysfunctional in the dictionary, as they say, has my representative photo for definition. Nothing I could do was able to put me across that fine line that brings functionality to one's life in terms of what one knows, inherently, intuitively, or whatever else is out there.

Lost! Is a good word to describe myself. But lost people do search. Search for connection to all those things one intuitively already knows but just can't seem to connect to.

When I was presented the gospel in school, it just roared over my head in a whisper. Like glass shards breaking against a terribly thick window pane made from transparent steel beams.

Fast forward!! When I finally started really looking into scripture, somebody reached out and in due time, a hurricane was turned on with every daylight sunlight summer moment one can imagine. I got "saved"!

So what happened? The few words of scripture sunk in and Christ transcended time and space and visited my mind, soul and heart.

This was just the first baby steps. Calvary, the cross, the war of self and the Author of our soul, is life's struggle. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

===============

posted Hide Post
Our Pascha liturgy begins at 11 tonight!

http://3saints.com/xrvoskr_many_lung.html

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, did you pray for Ray that evening?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That evening, not by name, though I should have done. Biggest feast day in the church year which, of course, includes lots of corporate prayer in the liturgy. He's in my daily prayer rule, though.