Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Without a biblical worldview, all the great teaching goes in one ear and out the other. There are no intellectual pegs in the mind of the individual to hang these truths on. So they just pass through. They don't stick. They don't make a difference."
~George Barna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Barna

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, here's one-

Certainly nothing offends us more rudely than this doctrine of original sin. And yet without this mystery, the most incomprehensible of all, we are incomprehensible to ourselves.
BLAISE PASCAL

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
CS Lewis said in MERE CHRISTIANITY (I think I'm paraphrasing slightly) that denying God (or not believing in God) is like sawing off the branch you're sitting on!
Lewis wrote some extraordinary theological works (far outnumbering his 7 Narnia books), and had a true gift for analogy - expressing profound truth in flawless metaphors.
Nard, your firm faith & humility are not going unnoticed.

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you haven't watched Zeitgeist - The Movie yet, here is another little bit that might make you think twice about religion in general. Since every religion thinks it is the only one of real authority to set the rules by which we should all live, be very careful what you ask for, as you may get it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsE5Q8nke9k#

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask
You ever think of taking your sorrowfully anti-religious propaganda and state it as so? This was to be a posting of prayer for Ray Bradbury, I assume. Can't you accept such a posting, but rather pick all the nonsense you can find and blurt it into this posting? You complain about other religions being an authority, yet you somewhat set yourself up as an authority of sorts by trying to make us believe you understand really what's going on. You think we are all so stupid to fall for that?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I watched Zeitgeist - The Movie. It started out okay, went into the anti-Christian mode I used on Christians back in the 70's (before I became one), and then turned into shades of Michael Moore, if he was really, really paranoid.

I think it is funny how it blasts conservative Christian views of the "end times" and then ends by proclaiming the very same things they have been claiming for years.

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We should perhaps have another thread for religious discussion and keep it there. Keep it out of this one, which is strictly a prayer thread, and to a reasonable degree from others which are not about religion.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Dandy. On vacation?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post

...._______________________________________________________________
.......______________________________________________________________________
..........________________________________________________________________________________

..................Asking all Christian believers who
..............have been influenced by or simply enjoy reading
..........Ray Bradbury...for PRAYER!

If you are one, asking here that when possible there would be time of prayer to our heavenly Father on behalf of Ray Bradbury; asking that God's Spirit open the eyes of Bradbury's heart to the reality of the gift of Grace, and the unmeasurable promise of the life God first intended before he even made the stars.

(look over: Ephesians chapter 1 verses 3-5)

....In 2nd Corinthians, Chapter 5, verse 18, it reads:
"All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God has given us the task of reconciling people to him."

......~I've reposted this REQUEST, since it seemed to have gotten bogged-down
with other postings.

Thanks to everyone on this prayer request!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Hey, Dandy. On vacation?

Define "vacation." I've been so busy my brain is on vacation!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion
If anything, that's a good use of the word "vacation" in a sentence.

posted Hide Post
Vacation is a good word.

Keep the prayers coming.

posted Hide Post
yeah, that does have a nice ring to it.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Another digression, eh?
Well, as for me, I'd much prefer steady employment to vacation right now.

(For what it's worth, I prefer the British "on holiday" to our "on vacation"; the former sounds jolly, the latter sounds like leaving a void.)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post