Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It's sad to see people expounding things here they don't have a clue. Especially talking about things that have already been answered in scripture, as if they are onto something new. They drop the BIG picture. If you needed a Wonderful Ice-Cream Suit to get a date, it doesn't matter that you didn't eat lunch earlier that day. Some think it does.

Oz-Crumley: Thanks for your support. We've all been on the other side of the fence. I remember getting an interviewer for a job I was applying at a Christian publishing company so upset with my questioning him and defending my understanding of the Bible, that he practically threw me out of his office. Looking back, I would have loved to have seen it all again on video. I was the most rascally person. Simple, arrogant sinner. I thought I knew it all. What I didn't know was I knew nothing!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We will all be judged on what we know...darn it!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
...and (maybe) what we have done with the gifts of knowledge that were granted us!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Time to get back to the original intent of this posting:

...._______________________________________________________________
.......______________________________________________________________________
..........________________________________________________________________________________

..................Touching Base with all Christian believers who
..............have been influenced by or simply enjoy reading
..........Ray Bradbury.

If you are one, asking here that thruout the week we spend time in prayer to God the Father on behalf of Ray Bradbury; asking that the Holy Spirit open the eyes of Bradbury's heart to see the great mystery of faith in Christ, and the unmeasurable strength of grace.

Pray as you will for him, but in partricular that God open the way for Ray to experience that great love of God's gift, his Son Jesus Christ.

....In 2nd Corinthians, Chapter 5, verse 18, it reads:
"All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God
has given us the task of reconciling people to him."

....And when you have your Bible open,
read over the context of the above verse: 2nd Corinthians 5, verses 11-21.

................~Thanks to everyone on this important prayer request

THIS posting is for Christian Believers.
If you find this offensive, switch the channel.
Otherwise, thanks for upholding Ray Bradbury in prayer.
_______ __________

Visit the YOUTUBE channel for Ray:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RayBradburyChannel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
H.L. Mencken had THIS to say about Jesus

"Of all Christian dogmas, perhaps the most absurd is that of the life of Jesus himself, for it not only certifies to the impotence of God but also to His lack of common sense. If He is actually all-wise and all-powerful, then He might have rescued man from sin by devices much simpler and more rational than the sorry one of engaging in fornication with a young peasant girl, and then commissioning the ensuing love-child to save the world.

And if He is intelligent, He would have chosen a far more likely scene for the business than an obscure corner of the Roman empire, among a people of no influence or importance. Why not Rome itself? Why was not Jesus sent there, instead of being confined to the back alleys of Palestine? His followers, after his execution, must have asked themselves something like this question, for they proceeded at once upon the missionary journeys that He had never undertaken Himself. Their success was only moderate, for they were men of despised castes, and the doctrine they preached was quickly corrupted by borrowings from the various other cults of the time and from their own ignorant speculations.

Indeed, the whole machinery of propaganda was managed so clumsily that Christianity prevailed at last only by a series of political accidents, none of them having anything to do with its fundamental truth. Even so, the overwhelming majority of human beings remained unaffected by it, and it was more than a thousand years before so many as half of them had even heard of it. During all this time, by Christian theory, they remained plunged in the sins that Jesus was sent to obliterate, and countless multitudes of them must have gone to Hell.

To this day there are many millions still in that outer darkness, including all the Moslem nations, all the great peoples of Asia, and nearly all the savages on earth. Certainly, it would be impossible to imagine a more inept and ineffective scheme for saving humanity. It was badly planned, its execution was left mainly to extremely stupid men, and it failed to reach all save a minute minority of the men and women it was designed for. I can think of no reformer, not clearly insane, who has managed his propaganda so badly."

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So, the Lord moves in Mysterious Ways. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert,
Your responses on this thread are unnecessarily hostile. The fact that you keep returning to exclaim your opposition to our faith is interesting.
Anyway, let's not lose sight of what this thread was intended for.
In the same way, let's not let argue this site away from its purpose: a place for RB fans of all shapes and sizes to discuss our mutual passion.

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading."

C. S. Lewis

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert M Blevins: I'm not here for a Bible Study! H.L.Mencken may have read his Bible, but nothing stuck. What he is questioning is addressed in basic Bible classes. If you are going to knock any religion, at least have the smarts to know the fundamentals of that particular faith.

posted Hide Post
What ever happened to our ecumenical get together to discuss this stuff over Irish coffee. After a few of those we will have converted each other and all would be right with the world again. There is no winning this argument, all are right according to their hearts. But...when they won't drink Irish coffee, I get really mad!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure why we need to disparage and belittle the faith of others. It is not incompatible to pray for Ray and assemble to discuss his works, is it? Nor should it be necessary to disparage the intelligence of those who founded or believe in the religion. If you don't feel like praying for Ray, then don't do it. If you feel like praying for Ray in a different way, then do that. Simple enough, it seems to me.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well put, Mr. D - and good to see you posting!
Been some time, I believe.

posted Hide Post
Hi Braling II. Thanks for your comments. I would like to post here more often. I miss the exchanges, but I do lurk. Right now, I've written and delivered some papers on the possibility of a moderate exegesis of the Qur'an, am currently writing an article on Theodore Dreiser, and just finished a course I taught last semester, World Literature I. When I finish the Dreiser paper (I have to give it in Boston in two weeks!) then, hopefully, I can begin to interact here. I do miss the discussion on Bradbury's stories. we have some great announcements on when/where he's speaking, etc., but hopefully, we can begin talking more to the content of his work.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
I've written and delivered some papers on the possibility of a moderate exegesis of the Qur'an, am currently writing an article on Theodore Dreiser, and just finished a course I taught last semester, World Literature I.

Now that's one smart feller!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Exegesis is a good word.

(That's two in a row, Phil)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post