To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/6011019013

04 March 2008, 04:43 PM
Nard Kordell
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Grant~
The answer is "NO!"

Ray's concept of "salvation", of knowing Jesus Christ, is no-where near biblical. Ray has a re-incarnation life-premise impinged upon him by a defrocked Presbyterian minister turned Midwestern Carnival magician.
04 March 2008, 04:49 PM
Nico
Must everything be so literal?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com
04 March 2008, 05:19 PM
Nard Kordell
Nico~

Amongst a number of things, Bradbury believes in a non-biblical view of life after death. There is no other way...to look at re-incarnation or living within the lives of those who inherit the planets and stars in some future year because of space travel after one is dead. This is Bradbury's basic belief.
04 March 2008, 05:30 PM
Doug Spaulding
It doesn't really matter - regardless of what one believes, the same thing will happen to everyone upon death, and that is more life.

I'm not worried about Ray, although prayer never hurts.

Mr Kordell, would like to take a personal meeting with you soonest. Please advise.

"Live Forever!"
04 March 2008, 05:48 PM
Nard Kordell
Doug Spaulding~

Sounds like you have been taking theology lesson from Ray!

It 'does' matter what you believe! And tho once created you do experience "life" forever, it's what kind of life? There's only two kinds afterwards.

Doug~(John)
When you are in Orange County again give me a call. I may be in Los Angeles next week... but not absolutely certain. email me: Kordellll@yahoo.com
05 March 2008, 07:52 AM
Nard Kordell
GRANT~

You'll see a lot of the Lord intermixed in Ray's writings. Now I'm NOT saying you will see references to the Lord, or naming Christ in a poem or short story, but you will 'capture' the Spirit of Christ Himself in the lines of his works. Does Ray recognize this? No! That doesn't mean that in his last days he won't.

I actually came to know Jesus Christ as my Saviour thru the influence of Ray's writings provoking me to learn Truth. Ray was the first one I told when I was born-again. He said he was glad that he was able to be an Christian influence in my life. But thru the years I learned he didn't know what I was talking about.
05 March 2008, 08:18 AM
blackdog
I believe that God used Ray's writing to influence my direction in life toward's Christ as well. And he definitely used Ray's influence to keep me alive during some dark times.

The more I have grown in following Christ, the more I have learned that a lot of people who go to church every week, don't really understand who Jesus was and what he was really saying.

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."
05 March 2008, 09:15 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by blackdog:
The more I have grown in following Christ, the more I have learned that a lot of people who go to church every week, don't really understand who Jesus was and what he was really saying.

Truth, my dark canine friend, if ever it was said!

Blindly following the dogma of the church without ever questioning will only put you both in the ditch!

"Live Forever!"
09 March 2008, 06:48 PM
Blind Henry
Nard and Doug,

Guys, I'm hearing everything you're saying and Nard's description of Ray's false "theology" makes me sad. I'll keep praying for his eyes, ears, mind and heart to be opened. Almost sounds like that that Dyanetics stuff or the guy who did that Cosmos show years ago...maybe with a touch of Mormonism in it????

I'm thankful that God chose me to be one of his children and sealed by Christ's blood on the cross.

Best wishes.

BH
09 March 2008, 08:30 PM
dandelion
Are you talking about Carl Sagan? Ray was a known huge admirer of his.
09 March 2008, 08:31 PM
Doug Spaulding
I think there's more truth in Mormonism than one might think.

Old Joe Smith took a lot of truth from the Sumerian mythology and copied it, tossing in a bunch of "off-the-wall" stuff just to shake things up.

Any LDS folks here, don't be offended - one of my best friends is one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"
09 March 2008, 08:46 PM
Salamander
Doug Spaulding
"I think there's more truth in Mormonism that one might think."

Gee! The devil is full of half-truths. The devil can be 80% truth and 20% lies. You know, 80 people say there are no bullets in the 80 guns pointed at you. Twenty say there isn't any either in their 20 guns." You're still dead.
09 March 2008, 08:57 PM
Braling II
LDS or LSD? The giant spectacles were hard enough to believe, but the white talking salamander? Sheesh!

Well today, for the Orthodox, is Forgiveness Sunday and the beginning of Great Lent. So, forgive me, my brothers and sisters! Pray for me when you pray for Ray.
09 March 2008, 09:08 PM
Nico
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I think there's more truth in Mormonism than one might think.

Old Joe Smith took a lot of truth from the Sumerian mythology and copied it, tossing in a bunch of "off-the-wall" stuff just to shake things up.

Any LDS folks here, don't be offended - one of my best friends is one.

Doug-

Say WHA? I have trouble believing that Joseph Smith- who lived in the 1800's, could have known anything about the Sumerians.

quote:
Originally posted by Blind Henry:
Guys, I'm hearing everything you're saying and Nard's description of Ray's false "theology" makes me sad.

Now, now, Mr. Henry;

Ray does not believe in a rigid factual command when it comes to this sort of thing. If you take the poetry and metaphor out of what he says in regards to "seeding the stars," it may sound strange or outlandish. Well, that's because you're taking the meat off of the bones. It's an idea, a mindset.

Perhaps Mr. Kordell will say, "No, Ray firmly believes this, and it contradicts the bare necessities for obedience to core Christian doctrine!"
Well, I can't (nor do I wish to) argue on that ground, but I will say that Ray didn't intend to start a religion with his books.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nico,

Email: ordinis@gmail.com
09 March 2008, 11:26 PM
Nard Kordell
Nico~
Interesting post.

Naw. I don't think Ray intended to start a religion either. Oh, what sort of religion would Ray's books start anyway?

Ray contends that he is a Christian. He even writes poetry of Christ. But Ray does NOT have a saving knowledge of Christ. I doubt if he even has genuine head knowledge. What smattering of understanding Ray does have likely came from some sort of Baptist influence in his upbringing.

I'm not saying that Ray won't be"zapped' by the Holy Spirit so late in life. Personally, I look at it this way: it would be a fitting finish to tying up all the loose strings as to what makes his stories work and why we love them so.