Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Squashed A Butterfly , out on a time traveling trip to the Paleozoic era.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Squashed A Butterfly , out on a time traveling trip to the Paleozoic era.
 Login/Join

posted
You know ,, the story Ray did about the time
machine to the Dinosaur era,,, one Time Traveler in particular decided he wouldn't play by the
rules either and he stepped of the path and unknowingly smashed a butterfly to his time-traveling boot souls. Only to come back
to the present and find that everything had changed, everyone was writing like China, and
then he looked at the bottom of his shoe...
Oh well, alls well that ends well, who could
not use a litte change and fresh new way of
looking at things, another dimension within a
dimension.

Posts: 2 | Location: wichita, kansas,usa | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All together now...one more time...

A SOUND OF THUNDER

(Again!)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
change is good, but do you wnat such a drastic change, something that happens all at once? or do you want a more gradual change, one that you can settle into? you choose.

mrdark

Posts: 9 | Location: South Bend, IN U.S.A | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a simpsons episode which may have been based on A Sound of Thunder where Homer goes through time and discovers that by going back in time and altering something, it turns the present day into some wierd warped reality, so he keeps going back and screwing things up on purpose. Needless to say, the present gets pretty zany.

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge Simpsons fan and I've seen that one. My first thought was, and I even blurted it out to my kids, "That's a referance to Bradbury!" And being my kids they knew what I meant. If I remember correctly Homer killed a butterfly and then things went haywire. It may have been The Halloween Episode 2002.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post