Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray and Censorship

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray and Censorship
 Login/Join

posted
I just finished reading Farenheit 451. I think its a marvoulous piece of work. I was wondering about the author Ray and his views on how parents, teachers, and or governments have censored his books.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.cabrillo.edu/~jhancock/coda.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil is only slightly less amazing than Ray.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Phil is only slightly less amazing than Ray.
Speaking of Phl. He will be at UCRiverside, the first weekend in February, to lecture. Shall us locals meet him for dinner one evening? I propose Sunday night. If he can travel an ocean and a continent from the British Empire we should be able to drive to the Inland Empire. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aw shucks. I will indeed be at UC Riverside, for the Eaton Conference 2011. It's actually the SECOND weekend of February, so Sunday 13th would be the ideal time for meeting up.

Now, I must get round to writing that conference paper!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Second weekend is even better. The weekend before I have an antiquarian book faire, a vintage watch show and an equestrian trade show on my plate. (whew)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, always remember if your trip allowed a detour south, you are always welcome in Sunrise, Florida, just west of Ft. Lauderdale. It would be great to visit with you.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, biplane. Unfortunately, as ever, my itinerary is quite limited - a 3-day conference, with travel days either side.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Taking this Riverside conversation to its own thread where it can more easily be found/followed - click HERE!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil