Ray Bradbury Forums
Ray and Censorship

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/5957062495

07 January 2011, 05:34 AM
ash755
Ray and Censorship
I just finished reading Farenheit 451. I think its a marvoulous piece of work. I was wondering about the author Ray and his views on how parents, teachers, and or governments have censored his books.
07 January 2011, 05:52 AM
philnic
http://www.cabrillo.edu/~jhancock/coda.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
08 January 2011, 04:35 AM
dandelion
Phil is only slightly less amazing than Ray.
08 January 2011, 11:38 AM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Phil is only slightly less amazing than Ray.
Speaking of Phl. He will be at UCRiverside, the first weekend in February, to lecture. Shall us locals meet him for dinner one evening? I propose Sunday night. If he can travel an ocean and a continent from the British Empire we should be able to drive to the Inland Empire. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
08 January 2011, 12:24 PM
philnic
Aw shucks. I will indeed be at UC Riverside, for the Eaton Conference 2011. It's actually the SECOND weekend of February, so Sunday 13th would be the ideal time for meeting up.

Now, I must get round to writing that conference paper!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
08 January 2011, 04:38 PM
jkt
Second weekend is even better. The weekend before I have an antiquarian book faire, a vintage watch show and an equestrian trade show on my plate. (whew)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
10 January 2011, 03:10 AM
biplane1
Phil, always remember if your trip allowed a detour south, you are always welcome in Sunrise, Florida, just west of Ft. Lauderdale. It would be great to visit with you.
10 January 2011, 12:09 PM
philnic
Thanks, biplane. Unfortunately, as ever, my itinerary is quite limited - a 3-day conference, with travel days either side.

- Phil

05 February 2011, 04:22 AM
philnic
Taking this Riverside conversation to its own thread where it can more easily be found/followed - click HERE!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil