Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Tribute to Ray.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tribute to Ray.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
There is a metaphor mixed into this convoluted post! If you have a half hour of time to waste, read every word of this mind-twisting article on the new "everyone must have" Apple Watch (whatever that is)!

The mysterious little "secret socket" - in my opinion - has F451/1984 implications which let Them somehow know more than is needed . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sci...ng-smart-straps.html

If you even spent a few minutes scanning this far-too-long explanation of techno-gibberish, I would like to let you know that the second hand on my Dad's old watch is gently ticking off the seconds to another minute in another hour. Where I sit it is 9:55am EDT. I am on my way to the garden to prepare some soil for spring plantings. The Dandelions are just arriving! Thanks, Mr. Bradbury!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the watch, but just so you know all smart phones have an ability to keep track of everywhere you go and all you do there (as long as the phone is with you) so if you plan on committing crimes you need to either disable this or leave the phone home!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received this today from friends in upper Mich. peninsula:
"..... interestingly, we went to a movie in Manistee, just north of us a bit ago, and the theater was totally reconstructed from the ground up by a group of volunteers. Donors to the project could get their names on plates on seats in the theater. When the movie was over, we saw that a seat in front of us had a plate on it in memory of Ray Bradbury. I know of no regional connection to him, but it just was a shock and immediately made us think of you, also:
"In Memory of Ray Bradbury, With Thanks"