Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Up to Speed!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Up to Speed!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I happened to pick up a copy at the local bookstore this evening (The Cat's Pajamas)...didn't buy it there...but flipped thru it... and was surprised to see that most of the stories have been unpublished. They were 'discovered' by Donn Albright, old friend, while rummaging thru Ray's basement.

Book is dedicated to Ray's wife, Maggie.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, that sounds like the new collection is just that "THE CATS PAJAMAS". I will order one
soon from the Bookstore at work. It sounds good. I have yet to find some book store that stocks all of Rays current work. I am glad that he is still in good health. Howdy to the rest of you out there in the electronic ethernet. I have been so busy with life I have not made very many posts.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle,

I don't know how Ray does it, but he seems to have unbelievable energy. I spoke with him just the other day and he said that he was working a new book and two new ones are coming out in early 2005. Wow?

My wife and I are hoping to visit with him in October when we are visiting my son. I post how that goes.

You will enjoy The Cat's Pajamas very much.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much talk of DVD collection in the past and some sightings on e-bay recently, so here is a look for those interested: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2193

It seems as if broad release is not yet available. I am sure they will become more prevalent in the coming weeks.

It looks promising - long awaited, too!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that is very good news. I gobbled every one of them up when they were on air. Some very good stuff.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having just finished Rocket Man and the Rocket (in Illustrated Man unit), as he retires it seems appropriate to appreciate for a moment the efforts of John Young, one of NASA's pioneers, true space heroes, and A very Classy American:
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_238.html
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/young.html

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About A Sound of Thunder has it been released and where? I am back to this new format of bb and after the rabbit hole I have a new addition to my "handle" I used to be Uncle. Now I am Uncle AGS. Lost are my old posts, but past is past. Hello Again.
AGS

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle . . . welcome back! Keep an eye out for Weller's biography on Bradbury. It was officially released yesterday.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We continue to have chapters added to the non-fictional Martian Chronicles!! Amazing: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/02/13/mars.rovers.ap/index.html

Is it not also ironic, in an RB manner of thinking, to have the great Negro League Hall of Famer Josh Gibson honored at "home plate?" It reminds me of Mr. Bradbury's socially astute s.s. "The Big Black and White Game":

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/h...bios/gibson_josh.htm (Be sure to also click on the H of F Plaque.)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patience. Gonna be awhile before I'm up to speed. Promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and, you know the rest.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!", nor the source of article that is below attached. (It was forwarded to me from my always reading father-in-law! Really!!)

All wordgleaners and sourceseekers, have a look see. Be sure to as well peruse the items in the small box ~ "Quiz and Curmudgeons," my little chickadees! You may find some of this a real hoot. It really is the cat's pajamas.

http://www.aarpmagazine.org/lifestyle/Articles/the_way_we_word.html

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Butch, thanks for that! I'm very familiar with Mr. Lederer. This is right up my alley.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal there, Sundance!

With East Coast gas prices going through the ceiling like a fresh tnt'd bank vault, we should all take Mr. Mead's sound advice: "Walking. Just Walking!"

posted Hide Post
If you review the links in this site below, you would have all the material needed for a very interesting research theme. RB's vision: technologic possibilities become realities.

Many here have commented on this uncanny ability, starting with his earliest writings, to forecast the social application of things not yet invented. This collection of articles illustrates that gift he has woven into his wrtitings for 60 years. I alluded to this in one of my very first exchanges with Nard (long ago back on the old board). Although not scientifically defined as Clarke or Asimov, Mr. Bradbury brings a human trait to his glimpses. They are not concerned with the "how" necessarily, but rather with the "what ramifications" once here and accepted with a second thought.

Ironically, in reading F451 intros with seniors just the other day, I caught and discussed a line in the stomaching pumping scene (Mildred od's) that I had missed in so many previous encounters: *this line!

It sucked out all the poisons. It had an eye. "We get these cases nine or ten a night. We got these new machines built. *With optic lens, that was new; the rest is ancient." (53 years ago!)

Every modern medical center in the world now routinely relies on optic capabilities (into all parts of the body).

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/AuthorTotalNewsList.asp?AuNum=51

posted Hide Post
It’s like what Frederic Pohl once said, “The way the future was.”

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post