Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Star Trek Enterprise: To Arms!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Enterprise: To Arms!
 Login/Join

posted
Going slightly off-topic, but not by much. If the original "Star Trek" was not the best-known, most Bradbury-inspired show on television, I don't know what was, and now they're talking about canceling one of its noble progeny before a lot of us have even got to see it!

This is a Call To Arms!

Here's some good news at least, the series "Star Trek Enterprise" is said to be coming out on DVD in May.� But its fans are in a big fight to keep it on the air, if not on UPN, then maybe Sci-Fi or USA.� One reason fans are so angry at UPN is that for some people (count yours truly in here) this show is hard or impossible to get and then they give the excuse that the ratings are down.� Well, of course the ratings are down, they don't broadcast everywhere.� The other thing is if you have a satellite system you are not counted in the ratings either.

Anybody who is a fan or who just wants to help, please do so.� Go to www.saveourenterprise.com , www.EnterpriseProj.org or www.startrekfans.com and find out how you can help save this show.� If you're a member of StarTrek.com go to the message boards, click on Enterprise and leave feedback there.

The Enterprise Project leader is asking your name, town and state on a petition.� She is planning on delivering it to UPN and Paramount this week.� The email address is
ENTprojectpetitions@aol.com
Just email to the above link with your name, city and state.� MJ wants her suitcase bulging when she walks onto that airplane.

Here are several other�places to sign a petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/NX01/petition.html http://www.startrekfans.net/petition http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6902611

Note:� If you try calling UPN, you'll get a snippy response from the receptionist, as they are no longer accepting calls for Enterprise.� Some of the members are getting around that by tellling the receptionist that they want to leave feedback for another show such as WWF or Veronica Mars.� It's there they are leaving feedback about Enterprise. The editor of Sci Fi Wire�said to leave feedback for the Sci Fi Channel.� Tell them you'd love to have Enterprise on the Sci Fi Channel.� To email or write to the SCI-FI Channel use these:
program@www.scifi.com

The SCI FI Channel
1230 Ave. of the Americas
New York, NY� 10020

Let's face it, programming these days is rotten. The quality shows being made today can be counted on the fingers without even resorting to a second hand, and they are�tryinhg to get�rid of one of the better shows out there.� For those of you who are Star Trek fans, stand up and be counted, for once!!� Let TPTB know we are not taking this lying down!!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never got into Enterprise, but the theme song is GREAT! "I've got faith of the heart..." We covered that song as a gag in a rock band I was in a couple years ago, and I sang the vocals in that scratchy Brian Adams style voice. So funny!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was involved in doing the same thing for ALIEN NATION and that got nowhere, other than a few made for T.V. movies, alot of rumors, and some broken promises/blown deals.

I never could get into ENTERPRISE, although I did give it a chance and I did like the first few episodes. Scot Bakula just didn't do it for me. I didn't like VOYAGER because of the cast also.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a kid in the mid/late 60's, I watched a fuzzy, snowy Trek on my grandmother's old black and white Zenith. In the late 70's, I bought a used 20" tv from a friend, and saw Trek all over again--in Color!

Then, there was TNG, DS9, Voyager--and, of course, the movies. About the time we moved to the country, Enterprise premiered. So, full circle, just like the 60's, we can barely get Enterprise out here. I've seen three episodes, and really liked the show--just can't see it very well.

When the original Trek was giving us intelligent, thought-provoking imagination on NBC, CBS countered with Lost in Space, with carrot-people plots and a robot that kept saying, "Danger, Will Robinson."

In many ways like Mr. Bradbury, Trek has often been a beacon of hope.

Suffice it to say, I've joined the ranks of the petitioners. "There's always hope, as long as there's a ship named Enterprise!"

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CORRECTION: The Star Trek Enterprise Petition address should be ENTpetitions@aol.com.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As with all the Trek shows, this took a long time to reach its stride, but it's gotten there now. Too bad they are going to cancel it as soon as it gets good

Posts: 38 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ravenswake:

Wasn't it really, "Danger, Danger! Will Robinson"?

All jesting aside, for some weird reason I really enjoyed that show. Perhaps it was because I thought the young lady (her name escapes me at the moment) was cute.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started watching that show for the same reason, biplane 1. Also, enjoy your updates on Mr. B. very much. Thanks.

Managed to pull in a snowy, fading image of "Enterprise" last night through our old tower antenna. The show was better than the vast majority of what's on these days. Dandelion's right, UPN needs to give this show a chance, and they could start by distributing it so people could see it--via SciFi would be an excellent solution.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane,
I believe you're referring to "Lost In Space", in which case the young lady would be Angela Cartwright. Remember her on "Make Room for Daddy" ?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II:

Thanks for the information. Yes, I do remember her on Danny Thomas' Show "Make Room For Daddy." Hans Conreid played Uncle Tanoose (Spelling???) and I got to meet and interview him in college. A very interesting character.

I wish that Ray would list all of the famous people that he has met and had interaction with. It would be quite long I think.

It would be interesting to know who Ray is going to vote for in regard to the Academy Awards as he is a member of the Academy.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Angela Cartwright also appeared in the Twilight Zone episode "I Sing the Body Electric" - scripted by Ray Bradbury.

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right!
Josephine Hutchinson was fantastic as the Electric Grandmother. For some reason, Angela is credited as Veronica Cartwright.
Either a twin, or an alias? May look into this...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aha!
Just checked - Veronica Cartwright (who was in the TZ episode) is, apparently Angela's older sister. I, too, could've sworn that was Angela!

posted Hide Post
That's odd: for years I've been thinking Angela and Veronica were the same person, while never quite realising that they had different names! There is some confirmation of Veronica's credits here: http://www.veronica-cartwright.com/biograph.htm

...and sister Angela's credits here: http://www.angela-cartwright.com/Filmography.htm

May we never confuse them again.

- Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, the things one can learn on this board!