Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Fifty-Six Years and Counting

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fifty-Six Years and Counting
 Login/Join

posted
I picked up the September 09 issue of Locus Magazine, the edition with local writer (at least to us living in Los Angeles) Larry Niven on the cover. In the back of the edition, page 79, they have printed out the Best Sellers for the month of June '09. (most magazines have a two to three month lag time)

For Barnes and Noble, Fahrenheit 451 is the #3 selling paperback and the #1 selling trade paperback. For Borders, it is #10 and #3, respectively.

In my book, this is pretty darn impressive for a 56 year old tome!

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is.

Tome is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In case anyone isn't familiar with Locus, it's a science fiction news magazine. So I assume F451 is #3 and #1 in the SF genre.

I expect the Big Read program has something to do with this. I wonder how the F452 graphic novel is doing? When I was in the US last week, I looked for it in a couple of Borders branches, but couldn't find it. (Never did get to a Barnes & Noble.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post