Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    So...Where Y'All From?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...Where Y'All From?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Born 1975 in Germany, first real contact with Bradbury's books this year (well, better late than never, they say). These books have heart! And here I go, reading, reading, breathlessly...

Nunc est bibendum.
Cheers, Memes

Posts: 62 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gute Reise!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was born in UK in 1960 of English/Scottish descent-so just about the most un-American person you can imagine! I love Ray Bradburys work having been introduced to his novels when i was in my teens.

Posts: 1 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: 20 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where in the UK? There are a couple of Brits on the board.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Nice to have so many fellow travellers on this board!

Posts: 62 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1989, and I was bornt in Portugal. I'm currently reading my 6th Bradbury Book, I sing the body electric

Posts: 1 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was born in Rome, Italy, 1973 swedish descent, no comprehension problem with Ray! He's so great, i love him so much!

Posts: 1 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: 01 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm actually from "Greentown" (also known as Waukegan, IL). I was born in 1975, though - and his themes still seem current to me.

BTW, I just discovered this board with a Google search - It's nice to see Ray Bradbury has such a hard-core group of fans.

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 01 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i was born in germany near munich. i live in the united states since 2001 to studie american literatur, culture, history and language.

Posts: 8 | Location: germany | Registered: 06 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ragaga,
I was on a 2-week concert tour of Germany 2 summers ago. We started in Berlin, went through Leipzig, M�chen, N�nberg, and other cities and finished in Wein - singing every evening in some of the most beautiful churches on earth! Loved Bavaria, the beer, pork, and the pickled herring! I hope you're enjoying your time here!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Loved Bavaria, the beer, pork, and the pickled herring!

Beer, pork and pickled herring? Sounds like you were in Milwaukee!!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...or amongst my Norsk relatives in the Pacific Northwest - Ya sure, ya betcha!

posted Hide Post
I was born July 21, 1966, in Seattle. Washington, and have lived in the Northwest all of my life. However, reading Ray's stories set in Green Town, Illinois, I feel like I'm right there.
A big hello to everyone on the board, this is my first post. I'm very glad to have found this site dedicated to the world's greatest living writer.

There is more than one way to burn a book.

Posts: 12 | Location: Seattle WA King | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're very glad to have found you!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard from another Seattle-ite!
Are you too young to be a Patches Pal?
I miss J.P. and Stan Boreson...