Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Contacting Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contacting Ray
 Login/Join

posted
I wrote a letter to Ray last year and sent it to his LA home but recieved no reply. I don't mind this. I know he is getting on in the years and is also quite busy. I was just wondering if anyone else has written him recently and actually recieved a reply. If anyone has, I've been thinking about maybe trying one more time because he is my hero and role-model in life and I'd very much like to thank him personally.

" 'So-So' is good, very good, very excellent good, and yet it is not so: it is but so-so." -Shakespeare

Posts: 7 | Location: In my dreams--Paris. In my reality--Washington | Registered: 22 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray used to regularly reply to mail he received from fans and admirers. However, his health and advanced years (he's going to be 91 in August!) simply do not allow him to do so anymore.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can only imagine the amount of mail Ray gets every day...from all over the world. At soon to be 91 his works are as popular as ever.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know. I was just wondering. Thanks for the help!

" 'So-So' is good, very good, very excellent good, and yet it is not so: it is but so-so." -Shakespeare

Posts: 7 | Location: In my dreams--Paris. In my reality--Washington | Registered: 22 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post