Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray's Health

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's Health
 Login/Join

posted
While everyone seems to be concerned with a plethora of topics relating to Ray, etc., no one may be aware that he just out of the hospital where he had been for a week. I spoke with Ray last week and he mentioned that he had just gotten out of the hospital.

With Marguerite gone, I am sure that he has someone looking after him, but I fear for his continued good health.

He is always so upbeat and mentioned to me that he has a book coming out next week (The Cat's Pajamas) and that post-production on A Sound of Thunder has been completed.

In a way I am glad that Ray doesn't read these posts on his web site. Whereas many are so positive, there are some that would upset him I believe.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too heard over the weekend that Ray was in the hospital last week. Perhaps everyone out there could take a few minutes' break from the downright nastiness that has unfortunately overwhelmed this board the last few weeks, and instead take a few moments to keep Ray in your thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for updating us. I was unaware of this.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be sure to let us know the next time he's
institutionalized ;-)

Posts: 11 | Location: Jax Fl | Registered: 30 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sticks and stones........

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RayBradburyisSenile,

Nice sentiment. I've noticed this same pattern with those who have invaded this site that claim to align themselves with the powerless and downtrodden. They're mighty quick to insult and call names. I guess they think it's okay as long as your attitude is correct.

If you'd like to argue ideas, let's argue ideas. But let's drop the name calling, all right?

Sheesh.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RayBradburyisSenile just puts out the same useless dribble over and over again.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems both his vocabulary and his intellect are limited.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that this problem with negative people had been dealt with some time ago! Yes, there is much to be said for free speech, but it needs to be kept in perspective. Here Ray Bradbury has given us so much and has asked for what? Nothing that I am aware of. He has been nothing but kind to me over the past 37 years from when I first met him and throughout the years corresponding back and forth.

He never is negative. When I spoke with him just after he got out of the hospital he was so happy about his new book of stories, The Cat's Pajamas, coming out in a couple of weeks. Sometime ago I was speaking with him on the phone and talking about his being blind in one eye and deaf in one ear and his comment was "Who cares!" What a fantastic comeback.

So, I think that Ray should receive the proper respect an older man of his accomplishments deserve. But when you think about it, you have to consider the source when you read negative comments. They are people who are not happy campers and have to spread their ill will to others in order to make themselves feel better.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 07-01-2004).]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane1--Thanks for letting us know how good Ray's spirits continue to be. I know that goes a long way in helping someone to recuperate. And I agree with your comment about considering the source. None of us here mind when people come on board and want to debate or discuss in a civiized manner. If everyone always agreed on everything here, how boring would that be?? But when people come on board and just make rude and baseless comments, it's best we just ignore them.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, there was a whole thread on Hate Mail before any of this started that said basically what you just said.