Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    The wonderful ice cream suit

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The wonderful ice cream suit
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to help Ray Bradbury get the movie "The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit" to the big screen who's with me.

Posts: 4 | Location: Alhambra | Registered: 13 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful idea--how do you plan to do it?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
inkky100, I hate to be a pessimist, but the chances of this happening are virtually zero. The film was originally planned by Disney as a direct-to-video release. Then, Ray and director Stuart Gordon were unable to convince Disney to release the film to theaters, despite great audience reaction at various previews. (I attended such a showing in Chicago, and the audience reaction was fantastic.) Also, the film has already been released to video. However, I could not agree with you more...the film is wonderful and deserved a theatrical release. Promoted properly, this is a film that would have attracted adults as well as youngsters, and I think it could have done very well at the box office.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inkky,
I'm with you. What's your idea??

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, has TWICS film ever been on TV yet?

Or on cable, for instance?

I agree. Getting it to the movies is probably nill. After "Something Wicked This Way Comes" bombed from Disney, they actually changed their name to Touchstone. It was at a time the name Disney didn't seem to be magic anymore.....

By the way, dozens and dozens of films with good size budgets line the shelves of the ...room of undisclosed ambitions. Some never even make it even to video. Good grief!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I was just thinking here in LA this weekend a friend and I were going to have petition signed by all the people comming to his book signing, Rays book signing and a bunch of others writers will be there also. I was also thinking of doing something like a chain letter.
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
inkky100, I hate to be a pessimist, but the chances of this happening are virtually zero. The film was originally planned by Disney as a direct-to-video release. Then, Ray and director Stuart Gordon were unable to convince Disney to release the film to theaters, despite great audience reaction at various previews. (I attended such a showing in Chicago, and the audience reaction was fantastic.) Also, the film has already been released to video. However, I could not agree with you more...the film is wonderful and deserved a theatrical release. Promoted properly, this is a film that would have attracted adults as well as youngsters, and I think it could have done very well at the box office.

Posts: 4 | Location: Alhambra | Registered: 13 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
inkky100

G o f o r i t ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of starting with a chain letter email and maybe getting enough names to persuide disney to take a second look.

quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Wonderful idea--how do you plan to do it?

posted Hide Post
"Hand me that Brillo pad!"

Resurrecting this thread with a short clip of what is, for me at least, the funniest scene in the film version of Ray Bradbury's THE WONDERFUL ICE CREAM SUIT: where Vamanos (wonderfully played by an unrecognizable Edward James Olmos) is given a forced bath. As I have mentioned in previous posts on this Board, I was fortunate enough to attend a theatrical screening of the film here in Chicago before the film (sadly) was released directly to video, with Ray and director Stuart Gordon both in attendance. And I still remember how the theater's audience howled with laughter during this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdQO7ve-1BE

posted Hide Post
"Don't hit him! Hit me!"

Protecting the suit at all costs...another very funny clip from the film version of THE WONDERFUL ICE CREAM SUIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyISbCA-UEU

posted Hide Post
And here is the story as it appeared in the pages of THE SATURDAY EVENING POST in 1958, as "The Magic White Suit":

http://www.saturdayeveningpost...magic_white_suit.pdf