Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Bradbury in the Future!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury in the Future!
 Login/Join

posted
Ray Bradbury is my favorite author and an overall cool person, so the thought of him dying scares me, but I have hope that because he's ridiculously prolific, he has about 100 short stories saved up so that when he dies, his family can release them one a year, each one with a random little introduction. It seems like something he would do.

Posts: 1 | Location: Washington DC | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray is still alive and continuously full of surprises.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Returning from NYC this weekend, delayed via Amtrak (imagine that!) and required to double up on another train heading North. So, with some extra time available, I took out a copy of Illustrated RB, Life of Metaphor I had received as a gift from my nephew while I was in the City.

Along the route, everyone had settled in for the four hr. traverse along the Mighty Hudson and through the Rolling Catskills (depicted so often by J.F. Cooper and W. Irving). A young girl (of 10-12 yrs) was plugged in with her CD going, staring into the oblivion her music was creating.

I just slightly angled J. Weist's colorful text of Mr. B's life's work in her direction so she might catch an occasional glimpse across the isle.

Sure enough. The Magnainis' first caught her eye and then it was a matter of keeping the pages turning. I never spoke to her or look directly at her, but rather allowed the illustrations and images to do their own storytelling as I read the captions and background details for my own pleasure.

Who knows? Maybe a new Bradbury fan was awakened!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. I've been through that country only once and would love to really see it.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post