Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Hey,New Member.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey,New Member.
 Login/Join

posted
Hey,

My Name's Gary, Im new to this, so bear with me,lol.

Im 22, i live in Winter Springs, Florida.
Ironic name for any town in florida,lol,winter.
Anyway,
Been a fan of Ray Bradbury For many years now.
I enjoy the whole body of his work.
Am very exicted about the new movie coming out, i know that hollywood has a tendancy to screw up the transition of books to movies,etc, but i still look forward.

A year ago i had posted on here((or possibly longer)), about writing ray, and corresponding with him. im aware he doesn't keep correspondence due to to personal stuff,recent troubles,etc, but i hope one day t write him and recive a reply,lol.

im late in the game of being a fan, or at least being vocal about it via the internet, but i hope to be welcomed on this board.

excuse the typos,grammer errors,and odd sentances,lol.

Devoted fan,

Gary.

Posts: 22 | Location: Winter Springs,Florida | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
((oh yeah,btw, quick add on, i meant to write him, knowing ill recive a reply. i haven't written before, mainly because around the time i inquired his wife had passed away, and i didn't want to seem bothersome,or insensative,etc.

either way, i look forward to being welcomed on this board,
cya,
Gary.

Posts: 22 | Location: Winter Springs,Florida | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Normally I don't post on Friday the 13th, you may not see me again today, but I just had to say WELCOME! Under normal conditions, I moderate here, and I feel the world can't have too many Bradbury fans!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say Gary, Where is Winter Springs as compared to Ft. Lauderdale? I live in Sunrise, just west of Ft. Lauderdale. Just curious.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, is the "Springs" in "Winter Springs" intended to be a noun (small flow of water) or a verb (to arrive quickly)?

I ask, because where I live, there would never be anything quite that ambiguous.
Such a town would simply be named "Winter Clutches!"

How do you folks put up with all of that great weather, day after day?

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winter Springs, pretty, sounds like Winter Hill. Oh, don't get me into "Member of the Wedding" mode!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Gary.

Welcome Home. Sooner or later we all find our way here.

============================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
thanks for all the replys,
lets see how i can best answer these questions,lol.

1- Winter Springs is North of fort lauderdale, i belive, but my Florida Geography is rusty,lol.

2-I Think its meant to be ironic, its more like Winter Leaves.lol. Im orginally from South Carolina, so for me, im not really enjoying the weather. After a While you actually miss winter. for a contrast,and all. That and the Hurricanes((last year,for example)) do much to ruin the sunshine,lol.

Thanks for the welcome. feels good to be home.

One day I hope to go to Waukegaun,Illinois, And see the place ive imagined everytime i read Dandileon Wine,And etc.

cya,
Gary.