Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Bradbury Travels/Trips/Etc..

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Travels/Trips/Etc..
 Login/Join

posted
Hey, I'm doing a project for my Gifted English III class on the travels of Ray Bradbury. I've searched dozens of books and internet sites and found practiaclly nothing.. If anyone could be of help via resources or information.. that would be GREAT.. Thank you!

-chris

Posts: 1 | Location: orlando, florida, usa | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to health problems, Ray rarely travels these days outside the Los Angeles metropolitan area. However, in years past, he loved to travel. His favorite city to visit was Paris, a city he absolutely loves. I have heard him also say he enjoys London very much. For research purpses, I suggest you find a copy of Ray's book of essays, YESTERMORROW. In one chapter of that book, Ray writes about his visits to Italy in the 1950's to visit the noted art historian, Bernard Berenson, who became a close friend. You might also read GREEN SHADOWS, WHITE WHALE, which is a fictionalized version of Ray's trip to Ireland in the 1950's, where he lived for several months working on the screenplay for the film MOBY DICK, later filmed by John Houston. Perhaps some other folks can offer additional suggestions.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 02-20-2004).]

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's one...

Photo of Ray Bradbury visitng Planetario Galilea Gahlei de la Cuidad Autonoma de BUENAS AIRES

(click on or type into finder http://www.escritoresarg.com.ar/fotosjpg/8alta.jpg

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
William F. Nolan wrote a biography of John Huston which should provide some interesting details. Also, Ray has spoken in the introductions to several books of his trip to Mexico around 1941 as being a catalyst and life-defining moment for him. Ireland and Mexico are the two big ones he writes about, though he has written poetry traveling cross-country by train and has visited Europe and New Zealand.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post