Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wow!!
 Login/Join

posted
I, like most people that come on this board, am a huge fan of almost all of Bradbury's work. Everyone who seems to have posted on this board has come into contact with him atleast once, and that really blows my mind. how can i contact him? they have an e-mail address here on the site, but is there anything else? Addresses or Phone numbers? Please reply, or E-mail me at ikilledpikachu@gundamwing.org

Posts: 8 | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is incredible. See the thread "Writing Mr. Bradbury."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on which board is this thread?

also, does anybody know if mr. bradbury is religious? Religion has had a huge effect on me, both good and bad, and i think i would understand his works better if i know about his religious beliefs. He makes many refernces to the bible in stories like "The sound of Thunder". In one of his stories "Touched with fire" from October Country, i can't tell if he's poking fun at christians or if he is promoting them.

posted Hide Post
found it. thanks dandelion, youre a great help ^-^

posted Hide Post
Mr Bradbury's stories seem to be more spiritual than religious. Some stories, though, do have clear Christian connotations. 'The Man', a wonderful story from THE ILLUSTRATED MAN, is an obvious example.

[This message has been edited by crumley (edited 03-23-2002).]

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Pyro!
I definitely think it would be interesting to meet Bradbury and find out the source of his inspiration. On another subject, I really like how another junior member has a great enthusiasm for Bradbury, however different a writer he may be. What are some of your favorite books anyway? Bradbury writes best when the subject is more science fiction. *< ) I don't know if you'll reply to my post, because you put up this board a couple of months ago.

[This message has been edited by TygerSun (edited 05-01-2002).]

Posts: 13 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops! Sorry, I just wanted to add another note about spiritual references. There was one story, I think called "forgive me father, for I have sinned" or something along those lines, that shows some Christian and surreal mix. Also "A Medicine for Melancholy" the story is directly about a saint, so it shows Bradbury's Christian beliefs. Thought you might like to know. Have a good day

[This message has been edited by TygerSun (edited 05-01-2002).]

Posts: 13 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Some real stuff on this board lately. Across over: Barney's bullet should be placed forever on display in the Smithsonian Institute.

Q: When we post on this board by clicking "Submit Reply," has it changed the future we are now living?

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it should be placed there, maybe even tour the country. Don�s working of that character is as classic as The Little Tramp or Ralph Kramden.

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 03-02-2006).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any Ralph Kramden memorabilia at the Smithsonian? Maybe his bus driver cap or his lunchbox? I always liked Ed Norton. Daws Butler and Hanna Barbera modelled Yogi Bear on that character, ya know.

Hey, I just noticed how much time passed between the post prior to Butch's and his revivifying post!

[This message has been edited by Braling II (edited 03-02-2006).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Norton was the best! I thought he stole the show sometimes. But Ralph was needed for that spark, boy did it catch fire. GET OUTTA HERE!!!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I know is about the statues erected by TV Land--not about any TV stuff in the Smithsonian except Archie Bunker's chair and the squad from "Emergency!"

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Japanese win the WBC, the Japanese win the WBC, the Japanese win the WBC!!"

Errr...Somehow not quite the drama of that great classic call "The Giants Win The Pennant!" by Russ Hodges, on Bobby Thomson's 9th inning game winner, in 1951.

It's spring! Dandelions, red-winged black birds, early morning crows, final remnants of snowbanks, longer days of sunlight. Let's play ball!

I really need a new pair of sneakers...

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey...how did you transfer those posts?

posted Hide Post
Maybe you can take a walk in the cool night air and look to the sky:
http://spaceweather.com/
http://spaceweather.com/comets/gallery_mcnaught_page3.htm

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post