Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    King of Kings: Ark of the Covenant
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

King of Kings: Ark of the Covenant
 Login/Join

posted
Please excuse if I post incorrectly as I'm not familiar with the setup of this board.

Regarding King of Kings: Ark of the Covenant

There is a man who painstakingly researched the Ark of the Covenant to find out that it wasn't in the Jewish Temple when the Romans came.

But you, Mr. Bradbury, together with Mr. Welles, and the credited scriptwriter and, presumably, the director of King of Kings, all somehow knew decades before this man's research that the Ark of the Covenant was not to be found in the Holy of Holies when the Romans came. Someone wrote it in the script?

Until I read your story at Wellesnet, I presumed the story was lost with Mr. Welles. Unless it is unsafe to do so, could you tell us the full story of how it was known in years past that the Ark of the Covenant was not in the Holy of Holies for the Romans to take. Who knew?

I was surprised to see one day on Wellesnet that you, Mr. Bradbury, wrote Welles' narration and some of the Jews' story.

I won't be posting information here, but excavations have been done. You can find them if you look. Together with the story of the blood. The inclusion of the scene of the absence of the Ark in King of Kings links the two -- the Ark and Jesus. Which are later forever connected by blood.

Also, on a separate note, I saw your story of Welles' lack of credit on King of Kings (from an interview with you, reproduced on Wellesnet). I had thought it might have been from humility. I have heard it said that Welles was a man who would send people away from his table if they cursed twice. He believed his birthday was a time for giving gifts to others. He said on Merv Griffin's show that he tried to be a Christian but he didn't pray because he didn't want to bore God.

The IMDB also shows you as uncredited on King of Kings.

Can you please fill in the story? As a matter of humility, it makes sense? I could understand why at the time it could not be spoken about as a matter of precedent. And I wouldn't want to hear it if it weren't true.

But . . . could you tell the story of the lack of credit for you and Mr. Welles on King of Kings?

Thank you,

Anne1755

P.S.
I'm not anyone of importance. But there is a small older program done by Ed Asner's son's production company and I wrote a note hoping for a reedit from them -- maybe to include the full Ark story which is prophetic in nature. It serves as the fulfillment of quite a bit, including, I have to say, the movie you worked on. Perhaps it could be of a quality to be shown at the future Kirk Douglas Theater in the Holy Land?

Of course, it is all really not my business and I take zero credit and zero money and zero interest for anything. But I would appreciate reading the story of the mysteries you know about. Any furtherance of the story you could assist with would be appreciated. This is entirely the end of my involvement.
Thank you.

Question:
What is Question?

Choices:
Yes
Yes

Posts: 9 | Registered: 13 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw on the discovery channel that there is a man in Ethiopia who claims to know the location of and guards the ark.

Interesting watch.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anne1775:
W0W! Great questions.

I'm now finally asking Ray Bradbury questions originally posted on this website before the first of the year. You can check out some of the previous interviews on Bradbury Channel on YOUTUBE, as 'Bradbury at Home', and 2 videos of 'Bradbury Answers'!

http://youtube.com/user/RayBradburyChannel

I'll be glad to give your questions to Ray as well and see how he answers!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't it in the Bible that the Ark was gone waaaay before the time of Christ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_of_the_Covenant

Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery is an article about related scientific experiments.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion, we all know where the Ark of the Covenant is. We saw it placed in that mammoth warehouse in the ending of the first Indiana Jones movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL. In the "Mythbusters" segment, they had the Ark replica attached to an electric fence transformer, which caused the huge shock. A story has circulated of some students at an American college or university who supposedly replicated the original with real gold, not just foil, and by itself the thing generated so much electricity it had to be destroyed. This may be just slightly more credible than Indy, especially considering the source. http://www.adam.com.au/bstett/PavonDaniken13.htm"Some high school in Michigan" is even more unlikely, considering even Mythbusters couldn't afford all that gold!

Here http://www.geocities.com/stlaasr2003/article-5-2003.html is the story of a replica built in the late 1990s by a man who "theorized" the Ark could be used as an electric capacitor, but no actual claims as to its generating and emitting a charge.

The original, or an incredible replica, perhaps the one made by Solomon, could be enshrined in Axum, Ethiopia. http://www.sacred-destinations.com/ethiopia/axum-ark-of-covenant.htm

This is more than you asked or anyone here probably wanted to know but has been interesting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for all of your postings.

anne1755

posted Hide Post
Spielberg, being a Jew, is not a stranger to the Ark, and in his first Indiana Jones movie there is a scene where the power of the Ark took the lives of the soldiers surrounding the Ark. In scripture, it is written that the power in the Ark went out and killed 50,000. Nowadays, the Ark would have absolutely no power. (A portable heat-generating Ark would be nice up here in Chicago area where there have been record snowfalls. And another major snow storm is due this Sunday afternoon)

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, embroiderer.

Just saw a history channel ark special that looked relatively new and partly true Smiler.

In history Orson Welles gave me a bit of insight into the long-term conceptual planning that results in "here the Ark, there the Ark." Having read some researchers' painstaking finding that the Ark was gone already, it was amazing to see its absence at 2nd Temple time portrayed as a bit of simple but amazing history in King of Kings. I don't know who was responsible for it in the script and production but would love to know.

I have to admit it was quite surprising to realize it was Orson Welles' narration in the movie. Smiler

I saw Welles' F for Fake after years of wanting to see it when it played on TCM with Penn & Teller's introduction. Those guys are so silly.

Smiler

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2 | Location: Plano, Texas USA | Registered: 23 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally the truth about the Ark of the Covenant, where it is, with biblical proof!

See http://jahtruth.net/ireland.htm for interesting sites,

or directly http://jahtruth.net/arkmovie.htm

Your life will never be the same again!

Love Christopher

Posts: 1 | Location: Malta | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no longer any power in the Ark even if it were precisely located and opened. In Old Testament accounts, 50,000 people were instantly killed by the power it displayed back then.

Indiana Jones didn't see much (he did have his eyes closed), of what power the Ark originally held. But that power is now transferred into the believer of Christ. And someday it will be displayed.

One of my favorite scripture verses is in St. Peter, New Testament, where he writes about what sort of life should we be living here, since there are angels in the heavens knowing that there will be a time when we come to judge them. Peter says, Don't you know you will judge angels? Ah, power on display thru Christ.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Folks, I could not resist inserting a few words here:

First, lookiing for an ARK that is only referenced in the Torah has its problems. The Torah was likely written after the Jews were taken to Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar around 575BC. The elders of the area known as Irael were then exposed to new information which they captured in their version of the happenings in the Torah, Adam and Eve, the flood, etc. There is no real hard evidence that the person known from the Torah as Moses was what he is described as in the Torah. There is some evidence that the character of Moses was not Charlton Heston, but rather, Akenaton of Egypt.

Nowhere in my rather extensive readings over many years have I found any true reference to exactly what the templars found under the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. What ever is was it very likely was not The Ark. Arks were known to be in use in Egypt and thus the mention of an Ark in the tale of Moses makes sence if Moses was an Egyptian, or, as had been told in the Torah, was returning from Egypt.

Likely what the Templars found was information. As to what that information could have been is still open and subject to debate, but after their return to France their power and influence began to grow primarily within the Catholic Church. They began to build the magnificent cathedrals and used completely unknown construction methods that still to this day are a marvel to even modern engineers.

So, what about the Ark? If there was one it likely was nothing more that a conveyance to contain the sacred writings of the Jewish People who had returned from Babylon after the Torah was written. Now, orthodox Jews will question all of this, as will orthodox Christians, both of which want to believe in the teachings of their respective religions. Fine, do so. I, for one, feel that the real truth is still being hidden and may or may not emerge over time. With only the Torah and the New Testament to guide one, the search for a real truth is hampered by having only a self-referencing source and no others to collaborate with.

A Sceptic.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
There is some evidence that the character of Moses was not Charlton Heston, but rather, Akenaton of Egypt.

LMFAO!

(Can I say F on here?)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's another good link:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post