Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    New Poem by Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Poem by Ray
 Login/Join

posted
A quick scan of the boards tells me no one's posted anything about this poem by Ray.

I've stated before that I believe as a poet, Ray's a great short-story writer and this poem doesn't change my opinion. But the subject matter is timely and Ray's take ought to make rock-ribbed conservatives like me listen up.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this, Pete. Sometimes we forget that we were all once immigrants to America, the dream.

Lake

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Golden Door was knocked of it’s hinges a little back on September 11, 2001. It needs to be rehung.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pete. He sounds fired up. Do you think the latest events about and at the border sparked it?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now Pterran, how did you that? Posting Ray's poem like with poem being what you click on to bring it up?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Biplane,

Here's the trick: In the toolbar above where you write your message (Yeah, right there, that little row of blue boxes.) Click on the box that says "URL." You'll open another box with two windows. One for the URL (which is the web address or "link" to the web page you're referencing) and another for "title" which is the name you can give the link. In my case, the title I used was "poem." Try it. You might have to fiddle with it but a smart guy like you will get the hang of it, I know.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poem contents now appear on a thread in this board: https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/4671066912

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post