Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Cloverfield

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cloverfield
 Login/Join

posted
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms has risen again in this new epic monster vs city movie from J J Abrams. Very good script and superbly crafted it pays homage to The Beast and Godzilla and takes the genre to a far more personal level while losing nothing of the spectacle.
The credits mention an excerpt from The Beast but I must admit I didn't notice it on what is an incredibly wild and moving ride.

Posts: 10 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 09 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this the fillum that began as an untitled trailer accompanying showings of 'Transformers"?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the one. Far too much hype on the net for a story that has been told so many times before. However the teasers do fit with the structure of the film and in spite of the hype it really delivers.

Posts: 10 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 09 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, "fillum" is what my Aunt Annie put in her Brownie camera. I hadn't heard that term for so long I had to comment on it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fillums are what Irish people watch instead of movies.

(Just as telly is what English people watch instead of TV.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like those Deanna admirers in the "Anthum Sprinters?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inV3RlOTOXM&feature=related

RE: The Tuxedoed gents are like RB's young runners...not running, but hanging on every moment in DD's presence. A graceful beauty.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a "fillum" which should exist! Latest hearing of "The Lovely Isle of Innisfree" was sung by Celtic woman on the special Mrs. Dash Skate for the Heart.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See my post of 15 August 2007 08:29 AM...

That lass pronounces it "Innishfree", by the way.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhapsh she'sh related to Jodie Foshter (in Shilence of the Lambsh mode).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You sound like Sir Sean Connery.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The name'sh Bond. Jamesh Bond.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Saken, not shtirred?