Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Bradbury Creativity Award

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Creativity Award
 Login/Join

posted
I've cut and pasted this from the Woodbury University website.

Event Description - Academy Award-winning actor F. Murray Abraham will discuss his distinguished career in film, theater, and television during a February 17 event at Woodbury University that also features author Ray Bradbury. Abraham will receive the university’s Ray Bradbury Creativity Award, presented annually to an individual or organization judged by the acclaimed author of “Fahrenheit 451” and his committee that has contributed significantly to the universe of creative excellence.

A cocktail and buffet reception will begin at 6 p.m., with the program beginning at 7 p.m. at Woodbury University, 7500 Glenoaks Boulevard, Burbank. Cost is $50 per person for the evening. Proceeds benefit Woodbury University’s Library Associates, a volunteer organization dedicated to improving library services.

Abraham debuted on stage in the 1966 Los Angeles production of Bradbury’s “The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit.” He won an Oscar and a Golden Globe as best actor for his portrayal of Antonio Salieri in Milos Forman’s “Amadeus.” Abraham has appeared in more than 90 films, including “Scarface” and “Star Trek – Insurrection,” and his stage appearances have included “The Fantasticks,” Mike Nichol’s “Waiting for Gadot,” and “Angels in America.”

Abraham’s passion for acting is memorialized in his 2005 book A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and he will sign copies of the book during the Woodbury event.

Contact Information
Rose Nielsen
7500 Glenoaks Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91504
rose.nielsen@woodbury.edu
Date & Location
Date: February 17, 2008
Time: 6:00 PM

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buffet is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is great, and a very worthy choice, but held annually since when? Why hasn't this been mentioned before?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
This is great, and a very worthy choice, but held annually since when? Why hasn't this been mentioned before?

I guess it was never mentioned before is because nobody thought of it before. Last year, I think, the award was given to Angelica Houston. I am not sure how many years this award has been held.

If you buy your tickets...even if you don't buy ticket...the University is just a few miles from Bob Hope Airport, in Burbank, CA.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob Hope will not be attending I assume.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He'll likely be busy at the airport at the time.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Nard could take a plane from John Wayne airpot to get to Bob Hobe airport.

I've been told that this should be the 16th Ray Bradbury Creativity Award ceremony.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt
But then, Bob Hope is such good friends with John Wayne, that if John Wayne attends, Bob might go as well. At least that's what I heard.

Somewhere!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post