Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    THE END OF THE WORLD!
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE END OF THE WORLD!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, Rocket bent down with one good, yet shaky leg lending his hand.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"Ahoy!" he replied. "Where's your leg?"

"Long story, short...memory, I just discovered I'm adopted. By Lady Godiva."

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

"Well since you insist..........THE END."

"...but not of THE WORLD. Nyah."

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums, she softly said, "Don't mind me." I looked up into cold mirrorshades and not knowing what a mirrorshade was, I heaved a great shrug and slouched forward toward the town, followed pathetically by Rocket, a rat, and his compadre. I stopped under the glow of a streetlamp.
“Wait a minute,” I said, “We’ve got a whole herd here. Compadre, go rent a pickup truck,I’m going to sit here on the curb and clean my gat.”

"Yuk! Gat gut!"

No! Are you still drunk from those seventeen martinis?

"One Pangalactic Gargleblaster."

"Oh, that's potent! Anything else would
eat your insides a lot less!"

"You don't say!"

"Yep! I do!"

"Where'd Godiva go?"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, Rocket bent down with one good, yet shaky leg lending his hand.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums, she softly said, "Don't mind me." I looked up into cold mirrorshades and not knowing what a mirrorshade was, I heaved a great shrug and slouched forward toward the town, followed pathetically by Rocket, a rat, and his compadre. I stopped under the glow of a streetlamp.
“Wait a minute,” I said, “We’ve got a whole herd here. Compadre, go rent a pickup truck,I’m going to sit here on the curb and clean my gat.”

"Yuk! Gat gut!"

"You don't say!"

"Yep! I do!"

"Where'd Godiva go?"

"A Chocolate Convention!"

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce Willis, Steve Buscemi, and Ben Affleck got our backs.

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

"Yuk! Gat gut!"

"You don't say!"

"Yep! I do!"

"Where'd Godiva go?"

"Stop horsing around."

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

"Yuk! Gat gut!"

"You don't say!"

"Yep! I do!"

"Where'd Godiva go?"

"Stop horsing around."

"My Etch-a-sketch shows

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

"Yuk! Gat gut!"

"You don't say!"

"Yep! I do!"

"Where'd Godiva go?"

"Stop horsing around."

"My Etch-a-sketch shows I'm not lying!"

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

"Yuk! Gat gut!"

"You don't say!"

"Yep! I do!"

"Where'd Godiva go?"

"Stop horsing around."

BAM! CRASH! POW!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

"Yuk! Gat gut!"

"You don't say!"

"Yep! I do!"

"Where'd Godiva go?"

"Stop horsing around."

BAM! CRASH! POW!

What! Your imagination!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.
"'Ahoy'?", I said.
"The naked chick?"
"And her horse!"
"Pulling my leg!"
"Yuk! Gat gut!"
"No! Are you still drunk from those seventeen martinis?"
"You don't say!"
"Yep! I do!"
"Where'd Godiva go?"
"Stop horsing around."
BAM! CRASH! POW!
"What! Your imagination!"
"No! It's my

posted Hide Post
"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.
"'Ahoy'?", I said.
"The naked chick?"
"And her horse!"
"Pulling my leg!"
"Yuk! Gat gut!"
"You don't say!"
"Yep! I do!"
"Where'd Godiva go?"
"Stop horsing around."
BAM! CRASH! POW!
"No! It's my underactive memory gland."

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.
"'Ahoy'?", I said.
"The naked chick?"
"And her horse!"
"Pulling my leg!"
"Yuk! Gat gut!"
"You don't say!"
"Yep! I do!"
"Where'd Godiva go?"
"Stop horsing around."
BAM! CRASH! POW!

“Wake up, lad!”

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted 24 February 2007 09:51 PM Hide Post
"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.
"'Ahoy'?", I said.
"The naked chick?"
"And her horse!"
"Pulling my leg!"
"Yuk! Gat gut!"
"You don't say!"
"Yep! I do!"
"Where'd Godiva go?"
"Stop horsing around."
BAM! CRASH! POW!

“Wake up, lad!”
"It's now or

posted Hide Post
"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.
"'Ahoy'?", I said.
"The naked chick?"
"And her horse!"
"Pulling my leg!"
"Yuk! Gat gut!"
"You don't say!"
"Yep! I do!"
"Where'd Godiva go?"
"Stop horsing around."
BAM! CRASH! POW!
“Wake up, lad!”
"It's now or..."
Suddenly, everything shook!

posted Hide Post
Tangible apprehension filled

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.
"'Ahoy'?", I said.
"The naked chick?"
"And her horse!"
"Pulling my leg!"
"Yuk! Gat gut!"
"You don't say!"
"Yep! I do!"
"Where'd Godiva go?"
"Stop horsing around."
BAM! CRASH! POW!
“Wake up, lad!”
"It's now or..."
Suddenly, everything shook! Giant chocolate bunnies

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post